GWT: PL Matchweek 31

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If the sane Arsenal supporter is complaining about refereeing in this game, I can't wait for the others haha

Also, lost in the Tavares sucks talks is how absolutely putrid Partey (who I usually love) and Odegaard were today.

Palace played like they were the ones fighting for Europe, that Zaha-Gallagher-Ayew trio was something else.

Reactions: bluesfan94

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal always look like garbage after international breaks, I am not sure why though it is something I have noticed. I haven't looked at our record, but I would be surprised if it was over .500 in the first game after the break.

Arsenal wasn't going to finish the season without any losses, so it is naive for the anti-Arsenal to laugh at them losing. Same like how United and Spurs aren't going to finish the season without any losses either, both will have have setbacks. Arsenal still have a game in-hand everyone else and still control their own destiny. If they lose out on top four, then it will be their own fault and not an outside reason. I very much dislike the injuries though, Tomi and Tierney could put Arsenal in third place by themselves. Cedric has been a warrior for the past month, but the problems get exacerbated when you have to start him and Tavares (who's fallen off a cliff in terms of form lately).

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one wants fourth

538 breaking down race for 4th as such
- Arsenal 52%
- Tottenham 44%
- Man Utd 5%
- West Ham 2%

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs and Arsenal are equal in points but Arsenal have a game in hand. One thing to note is that Arsenal have a more difficult schedule than Spurs. That postponed North London Derby will be absolutely immense.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That ball on the 2nd Palace goal, geez
Yea it was really nice. Hard to really fault Gabriel there. 99 times out of 100 the defender steps up and trivially intercepts the ball, but this one time it was basically inch perfect and he was caught.

The of course Tavares just stood still with zero awareness of what was going on with left Ayew with that much room.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No one wants fourth

538 breaking down race for 4th as such
- Arsenal 52%
- Tottenham 44%
- Man Utd 5%
- West Ham 2%

Those odds seem pretty fair.

Any of the teams are capable of going on a big run, but any are also capable of winning only 2 out of the last 8 or something.

United is 3 back of both Arsenal and Spurs, and has also been the most inconsistent, so them at the lowest seems correct. I might take the bet at 20/1 but it’s far from a high quality bet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's going to be overshadowed by the big European games tomorrow, but man this Everton Burnley game is high stakes. Opportunity for Burnley to get within one point of Everton at the drop.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's going to be overshadowed by the big European games tomorrow, but man this Everton Burnley game is high stakes. Opportunity for Burnley to get within one point of Everton at the drop.
It’s must win for Everton. Burnley win is catastrophic for them. I will probably be watching Bayern/Villarreal though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton going down would be fun but honestly would have to lose them in the PL. the last thing the PL needs is more London teams.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Everton going down would be fun but honestly would have to lose them in the PL. the last thing the PL needs is more London teams.

Everton going down most likely means Burnley stays up, not Watford, so it's a non London for non London. Fulham is coming up so London is adding regardless. Bournemouth is most likely and they aren't, while the playoff contenders are also all not from London unless QPR sneaks in. Everton will also most likely bounce back, Norwich as well which then adds a couple of non London again.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Everton going down most likely means Burnley stays up, not Watford, so it's a non London for non London. Fulham is coming up so London is adding regardless. Bournemouth is most likely and they aren't, while the playoff contenders are also all not from London unless QPR sneaks in. Everton will also most likely bounce back, Norwich as well which then adds a couple of non London again.

If Luton get promoted, are they close enough (50KM) to be considered London as well?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Luton get promoted, are they close enough (50KM) to be considered London as well?

I don't know. I'm not British so I don't know how close you have to he to he considered? I would say no since it seems far enough outside on a map. But even here in America we call teams that play in New Jersey, New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad