GWT: PL Matchweek 3

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
He was better today. Shambles defensively still, though.
His defensive effort is atrocious. Especially one of his dribblings around the 80min mark caught my eye, lost the ball and four Hammers started chasing the Gunner, F. Anderson stopped, turned and didn't move a freak'in meter back. That's a lack of effort which really pisses me off.
It's one thing to be an offensive player who lacks Makélelé like D skills but showing a serious lack of interest in working together with your teammates 3 games into the season is alarming!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Damn...what a run from Robertson. Wish they'd scored that it was a very pretty team play.

Beauty flick from Wijnaldum on that corner.

Salah what lol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Neither of our keepers would have been in position to save that header last season. Not a great performance but that's two points that can be credited directly to having a new keeper.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Solid win. Great layoff again at the end from Wijnaldum for Salah. Glad to not play as well as we could an still grind out the win.

Also I think Alisson is great but I think most keepers stop that header. It wasn't very far from him and it wasn't super close range.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also I think Alisson is great but I think most keepers stop that header. It wasn't very far from him and it wasn't super close range.

The ones we had last season would not. Do I have proof? Actually, yes I do.

7:10

6:20

For Mignolet I added one where he ran out to get the cross like a dope in addition to one shot straight at him slowly between his legs. There's another one against Arsenal last season where Sanchez heads it right at him and it goes in.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Could tell pretty early in the match Mane was not on it. He has the occasional game where everything he touches dies.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad