GWT: PL Matchweek 3

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That wasn't a perfect half, but it was everything I've wanted from Liverpool against a team like this. They have completely bullied Brighton and haven't allowed them to do anything.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's what I was saying, it made no sense as you said. I was confused when they did it, and his continued success as Liverpool makes it look even worse.
Milner wanted to leave. He talked about it recently about how Liverpool and Rodgers were two big reasons he decided to sign here. I'm sure City would have liked to keep him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That's what I was saying, it made no sense as you said. I was confused when they did it, and his continued success as Liverpool makes it look even worse.

Gotcha. His ability and versatility aside, he's also British. Of course credit to Klopp for getting what he is out of Milner.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
That's what I was saying, it made no sense as you said. I was confused when they did it, and his continued success at Liverpool makes it look even worse.

He wouldn't start at City and he wanted playing time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He wouldn't start at City and he wanted playing time.
He isnt supposed to be starting at LFC either. But he has earned keeping his spot without a doubt. Even at 32, he is in the best shape on the team too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Think about taking Mane off.
Wouldn't hate Shaqiri getting some minutes. Henderson will probably make an appearance in the 2nd half too. LFC have a really strong bench this season as long as Sturridge is in form.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Mane is just weird. He was so dominant the past 2 games and today he cannot even connect a couple yard pass.

Firmino is looking better though.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He isnt supposed to be starting at LFC either. But he has earned keeping his spot without a doubt. Even at 32, he is in the best shape on the team too.

Are you insinuating that the same would happen if he stayed at City?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think it would have hit Alexander-Arnold if on target. Still though, Wijnaldum was really weak in the challenge there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'll let some one else comment on if Ryan fouled Firmino there

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'll let some one else comment on if Ryan fouled Firmino there
I don't think so. Firmino jumped into Ryan's path. I'd be fine saying no foul for either but goalies tend to get the benefit of the doubt and I think Firmino knew what he was doing while Ryan had no idea.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think so. Firmino jumped into Ryan's path. I'd be fine saying no foul for either but goalies tend to get the benefit of the doubt and I think Firmino knew what he was doing while Ryan had no idea.
I think that's fair. It looked to me like Ryan played the man more than the ball there but it's tough to officiate those scrums in the box.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seen reds given for tackles like that too. Yellow probably right though.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Another handball that would be called on another day.

Studs up. Could have seen red for sure.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think that's fair. It looked to me like Ryan played the man more than the ball there but it's tough to officiate those scrums in the box.
Ryan only had eyes for the ball and Firmino came from the side through a maze of players so he was tough to pick up in the peripheral.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get the Liverpool game is still on, but here are my thoughts of Arsenal vs West Ham...

- Not really sure how people during the offseason said that Emery doesn't play attacking football. Maybe it's not as pretty as Wenger's one touches, but I am quite enjoying how much he wants the players to actually play offencive.

- Arsenal's team passing game is so shambolic that it's quite unbelievable actually. I don't know if they're pressing too hard when they have the ball or trying to do too much, but it is absolutely painful to watch.

- I absolutely believe in the vision that Emery has, but I am beyond scared to death that Kroenke won't give him the funds needed to get to the level Unai wants. I mean we need at minimum a 60 million pound CB, at minimum.

- Not sure how Ramsey's camp can justify wanting 2x the wages from the display we saw from him. Not consistent enough, wants the ball all the time, and whines when he doesn't get it. There is a good amount of technical skills in his game, but he just ghosts far too often.

- I still have faith in Sven, but he needs to stop his old boyz reunion tour. Just enough is enough now, we got some good players in Auba and Mkhi, but Sokratis is just all over the place for a 30 year old veteran CB.

- ****ing **** is Bellerin horrible or what? He always seemed like a Wenger favourite, but you can say how truly bad he is. I HATE the offencive trap, I absolutely dislike having a backline that high, but that's what Emery wants and Bellerin is really struggling with that. He put West Ham players in 4-5 prime scoring chances today because he kept putting them onside. Maybe he's a sleeper agent, but GTFO as soon as next window - I don't care that he got two assists or something today.

- Mustafi can also GTFO as soon as utterly possible. Worthless and brainless player that should be nothing more than a sub CB. I am praying for Kos to come back as quick as possible.

- Xhaka is the king of brainless players, West Ham's lone goal comes because he's caught in no man's land and doesn't pick anybody up. I get that Torreira isn't fully fit yet, but I cannot wait the day until he replaces him. Actually, a lot of ex-Wenger players should be sooner or later getting the shorter leash.

- I thought Mkhi was Arsenal's best player today and someone who has actually shown a desire to want to work with Emery's engine tactics. He's limited in certain areas, but he tracks back and creates things offencively, hard to ask for more.

- I suggest that Auba just needs one goal and he will come calm down, I think he's going through some of the emotions and has a small monkey on his back.

- Feilpe Anderson is the type of player that Arsenal should've bought, wonderful work ethic with some top notch skills to go along with it. I thought he was West Ham's best player.

- Pellegrini showing that he was never a good manager to begin with, if Marco Silva was coaching them with their funds he would get them in Europa consistently.

- I am not going to take back my comment about Arsenal making the top 4 because it is possible considering how some of the other teams are facing their own demons, but the growing pains are real. However, it's not just all growing pains, half of the players (especially with Wenger's flaws) will need to be sold in the next two years.

- Absolutely loved everything about the Wolves and Man City game, that was a cracker of a match. If Mourinho needs to understand how to do postgame interviews, just look at Pep's comments after some really poor calls went against him.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I would have been totally fine (and perhaps even preferred) a no call because both players were moving, but I understand why it was given for Ryan. A penalty would have been the wrong call imo.
Oh definitely not a PK.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad