GWT: PL Matchweek 15

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Their midfield is meh, their defense is a joke.

The midfield is worse than the defence, no one who can control the tempo, and a severe lack of energy and physique. When Torriera is not played as a DM, the defence is not sheilded at all. The midfield is a larger reason behind the defensive struggles than the actual defenders.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The only team in the league with less losses than Wolves on the season is Liverpool

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is where spending so much money can haunt a team as the next manager will likely not have big funding.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If this result stands, or even ends up in a draw, Arsenal would only have more wins than two PL sides. Watford and Norwich.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thought Newcastle would be relegated. Doesn't look like that so far.
Steve Bruce is a football genius. Only team this season to win twice with less than 30% possession in each game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hum...what a weird spot Arsenal are in. I thought they’d be better this year but geez not just losing to Brighton at home but being absolutely outplayed is pretty damned bad.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Maybe the problem all along wasn't Emery but actually Ljungberg as an assistant... :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Arsenal got played off the park at home.
Not really sure how given Emery was the only problem and Arsenal have a team full of world beaters at least as good as Leicester, Chelsea and Spurs, if not better in most positions.

Still early for the new manager but this is a tough group to take over. Such an imbalanced team that I thought they could overcome with pure offensive firepower against the non top 4ish teams (Chelsea outperformed what I thought they'd do in this situation) but man...it's just bad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m giving Jonjo Shelvey my goal of the day. So many players (Lallana was guilty of this yesterday) don’t play to the whistle because they assume they are going to be called offsides. Shelvey basically walked to a goal because everyone else quit on it.

Sheffield United have nothing to complain about. Every manager in the league should be showing their team this.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not really sure how given Emery was the only problem and Arsenal have a team full of world beaters at least as good as Leicester, Chelsea and Spurs, if not better in most positions.

Still early for the new manager but this is a tough group to take over. Such an imbalanced team that I thought they could overcome with pure offensive firepower against the non top 4ish teams (Chelsea outperformed what I thought they'd do in this situation) but man...it's just bad.
They have the best chance creator and best goal scorer in the premier league. They also have world class defense in Holding, Tierney, and Bellerin. Torreira easily is a top 5 PL player and Pepe is the best signing of the decade. Obviously it’s just because the Emery stink is in Freddie too.

Reactions: Creed Bratton

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They have the best chance creator and best goal scorer in the premier league. They also have world class defense in Holding, Tierney, and Bellerin. Torreira easily is a top 5 PL player and Pepe is the best signing of the decade. Obviously it’s just because the Emery stink is in Freddie too.
Pepe is better than Mane don’t you know

Reactions: Creed Bratton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad