GWT: PL Matchweek 15

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Rashford is definately the best player at Manchester United and he is making a case as the best forward in the premier league.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rashford is definately the best player at Manchester United and he is making a case as the best forward in the premier league.
Not much of a case. I never rated him at all but he's having a great start to the season. Still not close to being the best forward in the league.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not much of a case. I never rated him at all but he's having a great start to the season. Still not close to being the best forward in the league.
I don’t think Rashford is a top 10 forward in the PL. not a bad player though.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm a huge Rashford fan, but he has no case as the top forward in the league.

As for top 10, I'd love to see your list of 10 PL players you think are better forwards.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm a huge Rashford fan, but he has no case as the top forward in the league.

As for top 10, I'd love to see your list of 10 PL players you think are better forwards.
Salah
Mane
Firmino
Origi
Shaqiri
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Brewster
Wilson, Harry
Elliott
TAA, if he played as a forward

And before half of this board gets mad, I'm joking

Reactions: hatterson

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In no particular order: @hatterson

Salah
Firmino
Mane
Aguero
Sterling
Vardy
Son
Kane
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Bernardo, Sane & Mahrez if they count
MAYBES
Gabriel Jesus
Martial
Richarlison

I think Rashford is definitely in the 10-15 range. But not top 10

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
At a certain point I think people need to look past talent (Martial for example) and look at actual effective talent (someone like Rashford).

No way I take any of Jesus, Martial, Lacazette or Richarlison over Rashford currently. The definition of forward is a bit stretched now with a lot of teams generating their offence through the wings but I would also take Mahrez over Rashford.

Rashford is certainly making a case to be considered on the same level as some of those others in the top 10 though.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Graham Potter has got this Brighton team playing brilliant football in every game I have seen of him this year. I would genuinely want him as Arsenal manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
At a certain point I think people need to look past talent (Martial for example) and look at actual effective talent (someone like Rashford).

No way I take any of Jesus, Martial, Lacazette or Richarlison over Rashford currently. The definition of forward is a bit stretched now with a lot of teams generating their offence through the wings but I would also take Mahrez over Rashford.

Rashford is certainly making a case to be considered on the same level as some of those others in the top 10 though.
I think Lacazette has proven more than Rashford while being at a similar level, but that is certainly the tier he is in. I can’t put Rashford higher than 10 though. No problem with him being in the top 12 and nothing wrong with that either.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Salah
Firmino
Mane
Aguero
Sterling
Vardy
Son

Are the only ones I see clearly ahead of Rashford if you're looking at actual form and performances.

Mahrez is an interesting case because he effectively plays half the time that pretty much everyone else in the conversation does.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They better be sweating to bring in a real coach ASAP. It's still not too late to make up some of the lost ground, but another few of these and it will be.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah
Firmino
Mane
Aguero
Sterling
Vardy
Son

Are the only ones I see clearly ahead of Rashford if you're looking at actual form and performances.

Mahrez is an interesting case because he effectively plays half the time that pretty much everyone else in the conversation does.
Yet when he plays he always seems to be one of the best players on the field, and without question was one of the top players in the league at Leicester. I do find him an odd case in his current situation; I don't know why he isn't a nailed on starter with how good he has been for City.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yet when he plays he always seems to be one of the best players on the field, and without question was one of the top players in the league at Leicester. I do find him an odd case in his current situation; I don't know why he isn't a nailed on starter with how good he has been for City.

For sure, he's looked very good every time he plays and obviously was incredible at Leicester. Not really sure why pep doesn't play him more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pep has played Mahrez a lot this year. He is the reason they considered selling Sane to Bayern. Mahrez is a former PL Player of the Season winner and was Top Ten in Ballon d’Or. he is a criminally underrated player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad