GWT: PL Matchweek 13

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
United have defended set pieces brilliantly today

As i say that, penalty

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Corruption favoring Chelsea this year. Especially under Taylor. First Brentford, now this.

Reactions: S E P H

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Stats don't lie, and no one has said anything about this game.

Chelsea have the worst win % with Taylor refereeing than any top team, and have received more cards from him than any other team while getting the least against the teams we play. There's also been a penalty imbalance when we have him. Historically he's screwed us multiple times with terrible calls while the other team has gotten away with a lot, yet he's assigned to officiate our games against top teams all the time.
And on cue, he gives you that :laugh:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I wish football was like rugby and whiners like Bruno would be sent to sidelines swiftly.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Stick your leg in front of the guy kicking a ball and get a penalty. They need to make better judgment calls on those plays.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Stick your leg in front of the guy kicking a ball and get a penalty. They need to make better judgment calls on those plays.
Thiago Silva is trying to play the ball, come on. Obvious foul, and because it's in the box it's a penalty.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Would have been fun to watch Chelsea lose, but even is probably where this game should be. Let's hope it ends there.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Taylor deserves props for that call. I watched it again in real time and i would not have given that. Slowed down, it's quite clearly a penalty.

Reactions: Peen

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s a really hard call. The ridiculous one was the Spurs / Liverpool from a while back when Lamela clearly sees the contact coming and puts himself in front.

Thiago Silva makes a meal of it, but he does get kicked going for the ball. It sucks, but I guess by the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad