PL Matchweek 10

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What screwed Arsenal today was the bench's depth. Xhaka at LB is awful enough, but nobody could've played in that situation. Nobody besides El Neny to close down the game? Shambolic.

Agreed, but it's not a horrible situation to be in - not long ago it was Liverpool and before them City whose main problem was depth, now look at them. If we can move forward on that issue we could be in a good spot. Not that I'm getting my hopes up, Palace was all over us for large parts of that game as well and I wouldn't argue against the draw kind of being a fair result, though it hurts to have both goals against come from penalties.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I got the idea that each mod has a lifespan here. You were a beast mod though LITN and everyone else who's conducted this board.

Agreed, but it's not a horrible situation to be in - not long ago it was Liverpool and before them City whose main problem was depth, now look at them. If we can move forward on that issue we could be in a good spot. Not that I'm getting my hopes up, Palace was all over us for large parts of that game as well and I wouldn't argue against the draw kind of being a fair result, though it hurts to have both goals against come from penalties.
Both penalties were deserved so I am not going to whine about that, agreed with everything else though. Arsenal's star players were able to battle back and draw the match, CP probably deserved a better fate.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think he's likely playing above his head right now, but it's also not like he was a reclamation project. He was very good at Leicester when surrounded by far less talent than at City.
Eh...I wasn't meaning it like that. He's looked like their best player (even in the Liverpool game) for a bit now. I always thought he was fantastic at Leicester (which is why I was excited about the link to him coming to Liverpool) and now under the tutelage of Pep he's looking like he might even be stepping up a level. Not sure he'll surpass his form from the Leicester miracle run but he could.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Very good save from Lloris on Mahrez there. Great work from David Silva as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow...what a terrible touch from Kane. Should have been an easy 1 on 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad