GWT: PL Matchweek 1

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m not sure how much stock I’d put into Michael Owen’s medical evaluations but he’s saying he thinks Alisson could be looking at an achillies injury. That would be an 8-12 month recovery. Let’s hope not.

City fans on blue moon are celebrating the injury heavily.

Sep 19, 2008
upload_2019-8-9_16-11-8.png

new nbcsn scorebug on left

good stuff

Reactions: Juve

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The back heel from Salah was amazing.

I don't ever rush to judgments from one game, but I am curious about two things with Norwich. When promoted teams talk about being committed to their philosophy, it makes me nervous. In my book that's code word for "we might be going straight back down."

1. Are they going to suicidally attack the whole season? It's one thing to do this against Liverpool because they weren't going to win anyway. I am curious to see if they will do so against the likes of Everton and West Ham. If they do, they're going straight back down.

2. Is their defense good enough to do anything else?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

I don't ever rush to judgments from one game, but I am curious about two things with Norwich. When promoted teams talk about being committed to their philosophy, it makes me nervous. In my book that's code word for "we might be going straight back down."

1. Are they going to suicidally attack the whole season? It's one thing to do this against Liverpool because they weren't going to win anyway. I am curious to see if they will do so against the likes of Everton and West Ham. If they do, they're going straight back down.

I think they're missing their 2nd and 3rd CB. Hanley is their 4th CB playing today.

And if they're playing this way against Liverpool I don't see why they wouldn't against other teams.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Norwich City's kit looks very slick, but they're such a rubbish ladder club.

Terrible goaltending by Krul on Salah's goal.

Liverpool look dreadful defensively, if they were playing a more quality side the scoreboard would look very different. Robertson looks amazing though, if Tierney is any of the player he is, we got a good buy.

Lol, who was that Liverpool bloke saying how Adrian was just going to sit in his track suit all season?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Regarding #1, I have no idea if they will or not, but as a viewer I sincerely hope they do. This has been a good game to watch. Norwich is providing enough the other way that it's not just solid one way traffic with a parked bus and booted clearances.

Reactions: YNWA14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool looked dreadful defensively, if they were playing a more quality side the scoreboard would look very different.

A better team would never attack that much, never give up this many goals, and never have had those chances. It cuts both ways.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Regarding #1, I have no idea if they will or not, but as a viewer I sincerely hope they do. This has been a good game to watch. Norwich is providing enough the other way that it's not just solid one way traffic with a parked bus and booted clearances.

Same. Their team is incredibly young and they'll probably go down playing that way, but how else do you play with a team that young?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Norwich are not going down if they play this way every week. They look great going forward, and most teams won't be able to punish them the same way.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad