GWT: PL Matchday 3

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Great to get that first win under the belt. My thoughts:

• Two goals for Abraham will do him a world of good, and overall he had a strong game. He's incredibly raw, but there's a lot of potential there.
  • Mason Mount? You gotta love him.
  • Barkley is absolutely ****ing useless and I look forward to having a healthy squad so he doesn't have to see the field.
  • Kovacic had a brilliant second half, some tremendous dribbling and great tenacity. Jorginho's ball movement today was really good. They don't work as a double pivot.
  • Could see Norwich burning out a little bit as the season goes on.
  • Very happy with our second half performance, a good sign given that it's been in the second half that we've been combusting recently.
  • Even when it was 2-2, the disparity in chances was clear. Norwich scored on essentially their only two chances of the match, while we squandered a few more.
  • Definitely a penalty for the foul on Azpilicueta, and there was also a handball on a Mount strike in the first half.
  • DAZN needs to either teach its commentators to pronounce Arrizabalaga or tell them to just use Kepa
DAZN doesn't have their own commentators, those are the same EPL feed we have been hearing for years that TSN/Sportsnet also picked up.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Watford and West Ham has been blistering so far. I love that we now live in a world where mid-table games are hugely watchable, rather than truly truly terrible.

Reactions: YNWA14

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Thought Maguire - Lindelöf was the new Vidic - Ferdinand? I read that after the Chelseagame ;)

Another big chance for Palace to make it two. They couldn't decide who should take the ball unfortunate.

look more like Mustafi - Koscielny

Your fan base has its own thread cause you derailed every other thread, talking absolute shit pumping up a team that hasn’t been able to defend since 2003. FOH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad