GWT: PL Matchday 3

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
They're on game 3 where they've made 2 clubs who are expected to finish top 6 look very uncomfortable at the back and 1 game where they won comfortably. All oof this playing really attractive football. What's the indication that they're going down?

Because when Pukki is slowing down (yes he will obviously) they will continue to play offensive and naive football and that is most certainly going to hurt them. There are other teams in the relegation battle who knows how to play "relegationfootball". Norwich doesn't. That's why i am concerned about them.

Reactions: gary69

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
tenor.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'd add RLC to that as well. Zouma, Kovacic, and Jorginho all need to come out if we have any hope of doing well.
I really don't mind Jorginho at all. I see the value in him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
OptaJoe

10 - Teemu Pukki is the 10th player to have scored in each of his first three @premierleague appearances, while only Pavel Pogrebnyak also scored as many as five in his first three in the competition. Command. #NORCHE

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Norwich got away with not getting a penalty there. Azpilicueta kicked in the knee in the box with no contact on the ball at all.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice goal from Abraham. Good for him after the dumb stuff related to his penalty.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Norwich is nice to watch, at least if they're relegated, their supporters will have nicer memories than a team's trying to bunker it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Potter going with Trossard-Andone-Maupay as the front 3. Amazing to see the young, speed starting to shine through.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That Palace appears to be playing Jeffrey Schlupp in an attacking role today is a sad state of affairs. I definitely think this is the year they go down.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Great to get that first win under the belt. My thoughts:

• Two goals for Abraham will do him a world of good, and overall he had a strong game. He's incredibly raw, but there's a lot of potential there.
  • Mason Mount? You gotta love him.
  • Barkley is absolutely f***ing useless and I look forward to having a healthy squad so he doesn't have to see the field.
  • Kovacic had a brilliant second half, some tremendous dribbling and great tenacity. Jorginho's ball movement today was really good. They don't work as a double pivot.
  • Could see Norwich burning out a little bit as the season goes on.
  • Very happy with our second half performance, a good sign given that it's been in the second half that we've been combusting recently.
  • Even when it was 2-2, the disparity in chances was clear. Norwich scored on essentially their only two chances of the match, while we squandered a few more.
  • Definitely a penalty for the foul on Azpilicueta, and there was also a handball on a Mount strike in the first half.
  • DAZN needs to either teach its commentators to pronounce Arrizabalaga or tell them to just use Kepa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad