GWT: PL Matchday 3

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
he's looked off today no?
his crosses are poor, that free kick didn;t look like he took with any confidence..
is it just me?

The ball had no chance of going in, the wall was built too well. Would have needed a slower pace shot which the keeper would have caught. Mata's technique would have been more suited from that distance but he's better from the other side.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hope Liverpool look at Maddison in the summer. He would play some sumptuous balls in for our front 3.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's only three games, but I'm looking at Pellegrini at this point. They give up SO many opportunities and it's not they've looked that great going forward. It'll take some time for Haller to settle and Yarmolenko really needs to get up to match speed.

Antonio needs to start.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Way too slow from United. Like LVG is still coaching. James and Lingard don't really make sense against Palace's low block. Both need space to run into.

Need more creative, technical players like Mata, Pereira or Greenwood.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Way too slow from United. Like LVG is still coaching. James and Lingard don't really make sense against Palace's low block. Both need space to run into.

Came here to say exactly this.

James just isn't United quality. He's a perfect 2nd half sub to bring on or good when you're away and playing off the counter.

Lingard, Rashford, and Martial have done jack all so far today. Mata needs to come on.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I frankly expected Mata to start instead of James or Lingard because he's more suited for "bus teams". He put in several little throughballs in the pre-season against this type of teams that resulted in scoring opportunities.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Pogba isn't best utilized in the deep midfield role. He should be playing right behind the striker.

Massive blunder by United to not go for another box to box midfielder this window to replace Herrera.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pogba isn't best utilized in the deep midfield role. He should be playing right behind the striker.

Massive blunder by United to not go for another box to box midfielder this window to replace Herrera.

I think they were for looking, there just wasn't one available to their liking (price or whatever).

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This is turning into a nightmare game for United. Should be 1-1...if the penalty could be converted.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think they were for looking, there just wasn't one available to their liking (price or whatever).
Pepe and Malcolm were there for the taking. I don't believe the initial Pepe links for a minute. They were just mentioned in the tabloids to drive the price up for Arsenal.

Malcolm could have been an interesting buy "low" candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->