Player Discussion PK Subban - Thrown Under The Bus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Eller is based by media and fans for his play on the ice...his character isn't constanly brough into question.

His maturity isn't constantly brought into question.

Completely different scales of criticism between him and Subban...again, if you can't acknowledge that there's a double standard when it comes to Subban, no matter why that reason is, then your head is in the sand.

If you can't acknowledge their is a double standard when it comes to Eller, your head is in the sand.

I just provided two examples of Eller being criticized for comments he made, not his play. Because of your internalized bias though, you choose to forget these events.

I hope you come back and admit you are wrong and accept that Eller is reviled as much, if not more, than Subban, even though all he does is keep his head down and play hard.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
I don't take accusing other people of being racists lightly, personally.

I'm going to give Darren Pang the benefit of the doubt because he's human and people make mistakes.

If you want to believe he accidentally revealed hockey's pro-white agenda for all the world to see, that's your prerogative. If all you have is a hammer and you're looking for a nail, you'll eventually find one.

Lol ok so he made a mistake.

What was the "cause" of this mistake? What was he thinking that he was not saying? How did the word "white" come into his mind while discussing the play of a "young hockey player" ?

How does he think of "white" (which is what unintentionally slipped out) if he is not thinking or acknowledging consciously that Subban is black?

Is it a reach to say that he cannot slip and say "white" if he is not consciously noting that PK is black?

This may seem like too laborious for you, but it's a valid question. Peng is discussing the play of a "young hockey player". Where does the word "white" come into the equation? Why would there be an association of "white" and "right"?

This is assuming that Peng does not suffer from something like Aphasia, because to my knowledge this is not a common thing with him.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Please keep your personal attacks to yourself.

You apparently can't see your personal bias, as shown by your statement about how Eller would have retired from hockey, as he is not as mentally strong as PK. Why is he less mentally strong? Because he is not black?

Also, Eller was bashed for comments he made that were taken out of context (Oilers style of play and the time he said he didn't realize the other team had changed goalies). That has nothing to do with his play at all.

You should look inward until you can accept your own biases and then rethink your statements concerning Eller.

Really now where did I say Eller isn't mentally strong because he is not black?
Ok and also tell me which comment PK has said about another team to warrant backlash. I can't believe you're really comparing PK's scrutiny to the one Eller receives. The only thing you were able to come up with is when Eller said the Oilers play like a Junior team. Has PK said anything remotely closed to that? Think about that bias for a min sheesh

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Guys Burns and Thornton are having incredible seasons I really don't understand why they haven't been named to the initial roster. I mean it doesn't make sense....unless of course some other factors are at play :naughty:. Is there such a thing as racism against giant hipster caveman beards or maybe discrimination is better word for it lolol.

neither are even the best players on their team at their respective positions... stat line is not the only measurement of a player's performance.

but keep trying :popcorn:

E82

Feb 3, 2015
If you can't acknowledge their is a double standard when it comes to Eller, your head is in the sand.

I just provided two examples of Eller being criticized for comments he made, not his play. Because of your internalized bias though, you choose to forget these events.

I hope you come back and admit you are wrong and accept that Eller is reviled as much, if not more, than Subban, even though all he does is keep his head down and play hard.

Dude it's normal to face backlash like Eller did for basically insulting another team. If anybody or any team did that they would face backlash no doubt. Now what we're trying to get at here is has PK said anything remotely stupid as that. Or frankly, what has PK ever said to warrant backlash?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Dude it's normal to face backlash like Eller did for basically insulting another team. If anybody or any team did that they would face backlash no doubt. Now what we're trying to get at here is has PK said anything remotely stupid as that. Or frankly, what has PK ever said to warrant backlash?

PK is very polished off the ice. No reason to hate on him for what he says or does off the ice.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I don't know that Eller has gotten it "far worse"... if anything, the biggest fan reaction towards him is that they have very limited expectations of him, and think he's expensive for what he brings.

i don't see people rushing to blame losses on him, or media pundits going on tirades about how he's a problem in the room, problem for the coach, distraction to his teammates et et

PK is held to a far higher standard... the crazy thing is that his performance just keeps living up to it, and yet many still seek to find any possible angle to "take him down a notch".

You are choosing not to see what the media (both french and english) are saying due to your bias.

If you weren't biased, you would be able to acknowledge soooooo much more than "uh, people say he's paid too much for what he brings".

You are subconsciously ignoring his coach throwing him under the bus, and the media ridiculing him on almost a nightly basis. That's not even bringing up what so-called fans of the team say about him and his IQ.

lxzred

Sep 10, 2008
Victoria

I live in BC. When ever PK makes a mistake people are giddy with excitement to take him down a notch and hardly anyone knows who Eller is. Terrible comparison.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I like PK, but his fanatic and ultra sensitive fan boy armada is unbearable. Sanctimonious running wild baby.

You know why you are correct?

Where was the OP and the thread about DSP and racism when he was vilified and called Smith Belly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad