Player Discussion PK Subban - Thrown Under The Bus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Glad he's a Hab. Wish he had Larry Robinson to help him get through the ********* that some can't help but keep brewing.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Put him with Galchenyuk in the I won't blame him in he asks for a trade list.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Kind of been oit of the loop for the last week or so. Is there a manifestation organized yet in support of PK and agaisnt this tyrannical regime

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
continue here

Thread needs more bus :nod:

CbgUAESUkAAj1Ba.png

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
The game isn't played in the dressing room though. Even if he is annoying (and I see how that can be the case) teams usually have annoying guys in the room. The solution is to make it work.

I agree no player is bigger than the crest... but it's not like this guy's missing practices, drinking or is a bad influence. He's just loud and brash. That might be annoying to some people but it shouldn't mean that we have to trade him. He genuinely cares on the ice, we've seen him stand up for his mates. I don't think that he sees himself as bigger than the crest. Just feels like a lot of this is way overblown.

I play ball in the summer. We've got a great player, he's super competitive and annoying. But at the end of the day we overlook it. I haven't heard PK do anything that can't be overlooked. I've seen a stupid WWF impression, I've seen him brag about himself and have an outsized personality. Nothing here that can't be overlooked in my opinion.

The games aren't won and lost strictly by the coaching either..as you seem to b implying today. Seems pretty clear that there are serious chemistry issues with this team right now that go beyond the guy behind the bench. He didn't go from being 19-4-1 to 8-23-3 all on his own or beause of Price alone...it can't all be attributed to them

I was told by someone who I consider one of the top hockey guys in the world today that "many" of the players do not like him. That is an issue whether you accept it or not.

Don't compare ball to hockey..please. an individual sport versus a team sport in many regards. Batter versus pitcher is the essence of the game..the pitcher doesn't pass the ball to the first baseman on the way to the plate.

i played competitive hockey with prima donnas..and even though we had a ton of talent we underachieved. The best hockey team I ever played on had no superstars..none of us with one exception was drafted in the OHL...but we won our midget league because we were tight..and remain so to this day 35 years later.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm appalled by the way this organization, the media and the fans are treating this guy. Yes, he's flashy and has a strong personality, and I'd take that every time over the plethora of emotionless players in this league. I honestly don't know why any free agent would sign here. The media alone has the power to ruin one's career.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I'm appalled by the way this organization, the media and the fans are treating this guy. Yes, he's flashy and has a strong personality, and I'd take that every time over the plethora of emotionless players in this league. I honestly don't know why any free agent would sign here. The media alone has the power to ruin one's career.

Fans love the guy.

Its a small faction of media. Therriens friends

Management got a point

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Therrien is gonna have a hell of hard time finding a job after the Canadiens fire him (yes, it's gonna happen). How you **** up coaching a star player that gives his all is beyond me.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
And now Dreger says PK isn't going anywhere....good...this speculation can stop. It was kind of fun though. :) Leas me to believe Therrien will be gone at the end o the yer now..which is also good.

Maybe Eller is the guy who dislikes PK the most? :) Made the comment the other day..now supposedly on the block.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
And now Dreger says PK isn't going anywhere....good...this speculation can stop. It was kind of fun though. :) Leas me to believe Therrien will be gone at the end o the yer now..which is also good.

Maybe Eller is the guy who dislikes PK the most? :) Made the comment the other day..now supposedly on the block.

there was never speculation

Pierre Lebrun said it last night Subban's name IS NOT OUT THERE.

I dont know, who am I gonna trust Pierre Lebrun, one of the most respected insiders in the business or a guy who has 2 first names?

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I've backed up Therrien a lot. He's bringing players along slowly, he played a counter system last year and relied on Price then switched to possession late and it worked, Chucky isn't quite ready for 1A, but this is wrong to single out PK now - who is kinda having a career season. He should qualify it and fast.

Bergevin tried to add depth using advanced stats, and then we lost Price, Semin was a bust, Kassian was stupid. There have been no UFA's. Etc., but he didn't go get a solid goalie and he has Waite's advice to lean on, no?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Dumping Subban before replacing Therrien would have been good for a few laughs. Was wondering how low these guys can go. Oh well...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I have actually always though the opposite.
PK is one of the guys Eller seems to be able to find out there. ;)

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
What's funny in all this and some of the comments from Therrien is that, if there is one player who has changed his style/game the most it's Subban.

Here you have a player that used to rush the puck up ice a lot. Now I'd say the ratio of times he chips the puck off the glass or airs it out to center ice vs carrying the puck up ice is like 10:1. He has probably bought in to how the coaches are asking him to play more so than anyone when you consider what he is actually capable of vs the rest of the team.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
What's funny in all this and some of the comments from Therrien is that, if there is one player who has changed his style/game the most it's Subban.

Here you have a player that used to rush the puck up ice a lot. Now I'd say the ratio of times he chips the puck off the glass or airs it out to center ice vs carrying the puck up ice is like 10:1. He has probably bought in to how the coaches are asking him to play more so than anyone when you consider what he is actually capable of vs the rest of the team.

DLR has no hands, no skills, no nose for the net, no offensive sense... He skates in a straight line and isn't physically able to do anything but chip the puck. You can figure out why Therrien likes him.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just read the Sportnet report...as with many of you on here I would totally lose interest in the Habs if they ever traded Subban before dumping Therrien. Heck I'm sure management would lose the room if that happened.

The idea of even thinking of trading him at this point is insane.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I have actually always though the opposite.
PK is one of the guys Eller seems to be able to find out there. ;)

Ya, Eller and Subby are friends. Look i know Larry doesn't put up points but he's the only forward on this team that doesn't blow the blue line as soon as the D touch the puck. He actually helps them dig pucks out and get it out. Always finding space for an outlet pass for then as well.

Eller and PK actually have a good friendship. I heard Larry was one of 3 Habs that attended PK's Christmas event.

His name comes up because teams want him. If he is dealt i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a Blackhawks.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The games aren't won and lost strictly by the coaching either..as you seem to b implying today. Seems pretty clear that there are serious chemistry issues with this team right now that go beyond the guy behind the bench. He didn't go from being 19-4-1 to 8-23-3 all on his own or beause of Price alone...it can't all be attributed to them

I was told by someone who I consider one of the top hockey guys in the world today that "many" of the players do not like him. That is an issue whether you accept it or not.

Don't compare ball to hockey..please. an individual sport versus a team sport in many regards. Batter versus pitcher is the essence of the game..the pitcher doesn't pass the ball to the first baseman on the way to the plate.

i played competitive hockey with prima donnas..and even though we had a ton of talent we underachieved. The best hockey team I ever played on had no superstars..none of us with one exception was drafted in the OHL...but we won our midget league because we were tight..and remain so to this day 35 years later.

I can guess who doesn't like Subban : Pacioretty, Plekanec and Desharnais. And I'm pretty sure I'm bang on on this.

Happens to be 3 guys who underachieve in the playoffs year after year and who can't carry us to victory.

If these 3 guys are too immature and not leader enough to put their personal dislike of Subban aside, why don't we get rid of THEM. Why don't we build a team around our 2 actual star players in Price and Subban ?

When Pacioretty scored a goal from a Subban and Markov pass, I saw Subban rush toward Pacioretty, happy as ever, ready to embrace Patch... while Patch did everything he could to ignore Subban. Why is that ? Am I reading too much into it, maybe but... why should we side against Subban here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad