PK Subban Started a YouTube Vlogging Channel

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean come on.. You telling me that if PK off the rush dangled Panarin before undressing Hank and made a t-shirt to commemorate it that Devils fans wouldn't eat that **** up? He's a genius.

PK hasn't done any shit like that with any amount of consistency in a long time. Guy is washed up as a #1D.

So he's transitioning into vlogging to make sure he stays relevant. He's one of the few hockey players that actually knows how to market himself and I suspect we'll be seeing him on TV long after he retires.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Nearly washed as a player and stinking it up in New Jersey, but why focus on hockey and that you haven't won a game yet when branding is more important? Just awful timing on the part of PK here.

Reactions: Realgud

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And this is why Nashville is glad to be rid of him. Nice guy but seems to have an ego big enough for an entire team.
I'm not at all glad to be rid of him. But I understand the trade from a hockey perspective, since shifting our team's focus to a more forward-based offense with 2 balanced scoring lines seems to be something we needed to try after last season's struggles. We'll miss PK, but are having success with the move so far. He was definitely appreciated on and off the ice in Nashville.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
How is that relevant? Players not allowed to do anything if they’re playing good or bad?

once again, you all want personality yet you whine and bash players that show it. NHL is beyond every other NA sport because of this, among other things.

It's hard for people to differentiate the hockey player from the person. I'm all for the guy expressing himself.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I mean we're very happy with getting the cap space to sign Duchene but we weren't glad to be rid of him but okay lol
No, that isn't how you or Nashville feels about the trade. If you want to know how you should feel, take a stroll over to the trade thread. There is plenty of fans, none from NJ or NSH, but still tons, that will let you how you should feel about this trade.

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
Thanks PK, we were getting a bit overdue on people getting an excuse to go on the usual rant about if you do literally anything with your free time other than sit in an empty room, scowling at the wall, you're clearly a lazy hockey player who doesn't put any work into the sport at all.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
And this is why Nashville is glad to be rid of him. Nice guy but seems to have an ego big enough for an entire team.

Nope. Love the guy, but we didn't need him on the 2nd pairing for 9M. Everyone and their mothers would rather have Duchene than Subban right now. Matt Duchene has 9 points in 6 games for us by the way.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Somebody didn't see 'Oil Change'. It's not good TV when the team always loses, PK.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's making YouTube videos while the team that pays him 9 million a year is on a 6 game losing streak.

This would draw negative attention to any other high profile player in the league.

Yeah, I'm sure Devils management are shocked this is happening and don't want anything to do with this type of media attention outside of their 6 game losing streak.

It's an entertainment business and Devils aren't exactly the Rangers in terms of a market. It amazes me that people actually believe management does not green light things like this on (social) media, especially from someone getting paid 9M and well known.

Reactions: fivesberg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Millions of people run vlogs. And they aren’t all insulted for it. I don’t do it personally, but it’s just what some choose to do with their time.

Whenever someone starts a vlog, does that mean they don’t try or don’t care about their job? No? So why would it mean anything along those lines for PK Subban.

I’ve never felt the need to follow a vlog, but it’s a pretty stupid amount of judgment for something so innocent, even if the jokes about him not playing defense (...because he’s doing a vlog I guess) are too easy to pass up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad