PK Subban Started a YouTube Vlogging Channel

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
He seems more like a politician than a hockey player with his constant need to push his name out. Seems like he's more worried about his future after his hockey career is over and how his "brand" is doing, than the team he's playing for.

I'm not surprised that he keeps getting traded.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Subban is an interesting person. Seems like he want to try a lot of new things and is enjoying his NHL fame and money to do just that.

Sounds like a lot of people are jealous of his success, and prefer to see players training and working hard instead of enjoying their lives.
If I start a vlogging channel, will I enjoy life more?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Yes? I mean, they are professional sport players so of course they should train hard? Do you expect them to go to mcdonalds every day to "enjoy their life" while their team suffer? They will have plenty of time to enjoy life after retirement. Or maybe I just really don't understand your original post. From your example, ofc I'd praise Crosby and blame Subban if they were on the team I cheer for, what else do you expect me to do?

Realize that players aren't robots and have an actual life outside hockey? New Jersey sucks. You think Subban doesn't know that? Why does he have to spend every waking moment hating himself because they lost a game?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I remember getting crucified for criticizing the mid season spectacle he made of his donation to the children's hospital, while his team was spiralling down the standings and he had all of 2 goals by Christmas.

I mean God bless him for helping out the kids (I donated to his charity myself)but there is a time and a place for everything, and it's not when you and your team are completely stinking up the joint.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Realize that players aren't robots and have an actual life outside hockey? New Jersey sucks. You think Subban doesn't know that? Why does he have to spend every waking moment hating himself because they lost a game?

The original poster was pitting "working hard" against "enjoying life". I am not the one who made it seem like they were mutually exclusive.

Oh, and they haven't lost 1 game, they have lost 6. And he hasn't looked good AT ALL in those games. Maybe Subban, one of the most well paid player on the Devils, should start focusing on hockey instead of youtube? You don't need to have a youtube to have an "actual life outside hockey". And ALSO, like I've said in a previous post, he has been traded out of Montreal and Nashville for being a distraction. I'll let you do the math.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Only bad teammates have and show personality. I can’t believe any team still pays this guy

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The original poster was pitting "working hard" against "enjoying life". I am not the one who made it seem like they were mutually exclusive.

Oh, and they haven't lost 1 game, they have lost 6. And he hasn't looked good AT ALL in those games. Maybe Subban, one of the most well paid player on the Devils, should start focusing on hockey instead of youtube? You don't need to have a youtube to have an "actual life outside hockey". And ALSO, like I've said in a previous post, he has been traded out of Montreal and Nashville for being a distraction. I'll let you do the math.
Maybe every single player on earth has free time, and maybe spending every minute of your day on one thing would actually become detrimental to their performance. Maybe people need an outlet.

Maybe someone’s hobbies don’t have anything to do with their performance unless it’s drugs or something.

Maybe fans who’ve never played the game at a high level have no idea what they’re talking about and should hop off that high horse.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

But he wasn't a distraction here. He was slow, he was expensive, and I'm guessing that's the more likely reasons he was traded.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
What's with the "there's a reason he got traded" posts? Just say what you think the reason is.
Well if you want to know why he got traded to the Devils, look at the reasons he got traded to Nashville. It's the same reasons, it's the reason he got traded, on account of the reasons. Duh.

tenor.gif

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Maybe every single player on earth has free time, and maybe spending every minute of your day on one thing would actually become detrimental to their performance. Maybe people need an outlet.

Maybe someone’s hobbies don’t have anything to do with their performance unless it’s drugs or something.

Maybe fans who’ve never played the game at a high level have no idea what they’re talking about and should hop off that high horse.

Yeah I'm so sorry for having the opinion that NJD fans and players probably want him to play better and stop acting like a clown? If he doesn't want to play hockey anymore he can just retire you know? The guy doesn't seem to care at all. That's too bad because he was a passionate player during his young days in Montreal.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No big deal really aside from the timing. With his game in the dumps, he should be focused on other things right now.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010

Don’t lump Nashville in your anti-Subban posts. He was traded out of Nashville because Nashville needed more offense, had an opportunity to finally get Duchene who they had been trying to get for about 3 years and Subban was the most expensive moveable piece of an already stacked defense core. That’s it period. Subban did great things in Nashville (a lot completely under the radar). It was timing and opportunity and also probably his age. He is and will continue to be well thought of in Nashville.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Only reason it interested me is because I like to see behind the scenes of the team and what's going on.

Not so much for Subban's ego, though it's interesting considering he hopped on the bandwagon Will Smith jumped on considering people made it on YouTube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad