Rumor: "PK likely to be traded" ???

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The only one here that makes sense is the Isles, if they are going to lose Tavares anyway. However, I don't see Subban agreeing to go to a Tavares-less Islanders, so there goes that.

The Leafs and Avs would be insane to make those trades IMO, especially the Avalanche. The last thing Colorado needs to do is mess up the incredible team chemistry they finally have.
In a total fantasy world where he does get traded, he isn't asked about the destination, he certainly didn't ask to be traded to the Predators. He doesn't have an NMC, as NSH rescinded their ability to keep up such a clause.

This article is a random one, but it does the job explaining the situation to you.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
In a total fantasy world where he does get traded, he isn't asked about the destination, he certainly didn't ask to be traded to the Predators. He doesn't have an NMC, as NSH rescinded their ability to keep up such a clause.

This article is a random one, but it does the job explaining the situation to you.

You're right, he didn't ask to be traded to the Preds, but he was going to a top contender with Cup aspirations, a lot different than an Islanders team who is losing John Tavares to boot. You want to see a player block a trade, it would happen here. At this point in his career Subban wants a Cup. He's not willingly going from the Predators to the Islanders lol.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
You're right, he didn't ask to be traded to the Preds, but he was going to a top contender with Cup aspirations, a lot different than an Islanders team who is losing John Tavares to boot. You want to see a player block a trade, it would happen here. At this point in his career Subban wants a Cup. He's not willingly going from the Predators to the Islanders lol.
He won't have a say in it..
And Subban made NSH into a top contender, not Weber.
It's not a coincidence that we got into the SCF after an injury-filled season with Subban and were Presidents trophy winners this year.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Because it was in reply to what I said. Who else would it be directed at? He literally did single me out.

The Bruins fans that made racist comments about PK? How would he even know you are a Bruins fan. Replies aren't personal attacks, they're just related to your comment.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
The Bruins fans that made racist comments about PK? How would he even know you are a Bruins fan. Replies aren't personal attacks, they're just related to your comment.

His comment was stupid. I am a Bruins fan and if he is going to reply to me and call Bruins fans racist then I am going to take it personally.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
He directed his comment at me and called Boston fans racist in general. I saw horrendously racist behavior from Canadiens fans and I would never call all Montreal fans racist in general. That is how his post came off.

He replied to you since he was expanding on your thought of Subban to Boston. Here's the post:

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen Boston fans go from throwing racial slurs at a player to adoring him. I'm sure Kevin Garnett can tell Subban how to navigate Boston's new complicated love affair.

I would have used a qualifier like "some Boston fans", but it sounds like your assuming a generalization in the absence of clarity.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Laviolette and Poile were asked about this, this morning -- their response was mostly laughter.

The Predators just laid a collective egg in the postseason, outside of 4 or 5 players. PK was one of the lone bright spots, on and off the ice. This is a BS rumor sourced from David Pagnotta, a slightly-better credentialed Eklund, who will only cite his "ultra secret hockey source."

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
He replied to you since he was expanding on your thought of Subban to Boston. Here's the post:

I would have used a qualifier like "some Boston fans", but it sounds like your assuming a generalization in the absence of clarity.

Please read this carefully, I was only talking about what I thought would be entertaining, I stated that it is what I thought would be the best and most entertaining scenario. ME, nobody else, not any other person, then he responded that it wouldn't be the first time racist Bruins fans blah blah blah. How am I supposed to take that when I am only talking about myself? Me alone, no one else. I was not speaking for anyone else but me and this person responds saying what he said. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Please read this carefully, I was only talking about what I thought would be entertaining, I stated that it is what I thought would be the best and most entertaining scenario. ME, nobody else, not any other person, then he responded that it wouldn't be the first time racist Bruins fans blah blah blah. How am I supposed to take that when I am only talking about myself? Me alone, no one else. I was not speaking for anyone else but me and this person responds saying what he said. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say.

I honestly didn't even know you were a Bruins fan and I'm not sure @Captain Subban did either.

I would have probably said something along the lines of "try not to generalize all Bruins fans" and moved on. Instead of assuming he even knew you where a Bruins fan, was singling you out (which really isn't clear at all) and taken it super personally.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I honestly didn't even know you were a Bruins fan and I'm not sure @Captain Subban did either.

I would have probably said something along the lines of "try not to generalize all Bruins fans" and moved on. Instead of assuming he even knew you where a Bruins fan, was singling you out (which really isn't clear at all) and taken it super personally.

I was only talking about myself so naturally when he said that I thought he was talking about me, I think an awful lot of people would feel the same way.

Thanks for be civil by the way, I was not trying to start anything, I would also say that the most entertaining scenario if Boston moved Marchand was that he would end up in Montreal. Both would make for some awesome stories.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I was only talking about myself so naturally when he said that I thought he was talking about me, I think an awful lot of people would feel the same way.

Thanks for be civil by the way, I was not trying to start anything, I would also say that the most entertaining scenario if Boston moved Marchand was that he would end up in Montreal. Both would make for some awesome stories.

No worries, I get not wanting to be unfairly tagged as racist. Its just easy to misunderstand people on the internet. I know Captain Subban from the Habs board, I really don't think he intended to call or infer that you were racist.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Maybe something around W.Nylander for Subban, and then use Subban to entice Tavares to come.

Gotta think that Leafs' team becomes a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad