Rumor: "PK likely to be traded" ???

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The fact that we're discussing David Poole gives me an ounce of belief that he would attempt another blockbuster.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
10th + Klefbom + Puljujarvi + 2019 1st or
10th + Larsson + Puljujarvi + 2019 1st
Pls PK. Come to us. We need you.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Friedman throwing gas on the fire

Sports talk radio is often fueled by speculation in general, and when trade conjecture enters the mix the interest level tends to rise.
Elliotte Friedman had a Friday morning radio hit on Calgary’s Sportsnet 960 and had a few particularly interesting topics thrown his way.
At one point during the conversation, co-host Rhett Warrener wondered if it would be crazy for the Nashville Predators, who were eliminated from the playoffs Thursday night by the Winnipeg Jets in Game 7 of their second-round series, to contemplate trading P.K. Subban.
“I think he wears out his welcome with guys,” opined Warrener. “I think he gets (under) people’s skin in the room. I think his value is huge around the league because he is that talented. Any chance they would consider making that sort of move.”
“Well, I would say there’s always a chance because one thing I really over the last couple of years is that how many really untouchable players are there in this league,” began Friedman. “There’s Crosby. There’s McDavid. Who else is there? Auston Matthews would be. I think right now Ovechkin would be. I mean maybe 10. Could you name 10? … So I think these guys discuss people all the time.

“First of all, one of their strengths is their blueline, so would you be weakening that significantly. Second, I don’t think he’s going to win the Norris trophy this year, but he’s a finalist.
“I do believe that two years ago when Colorado was trying to trade Matt Duchene to Nashville and Nashville was trying to get him, I do believe Subban was part of that deal for awhile. I think Colorado asked for all of those D, but I think Subban was a name that they considered. But that was two years ago.
“I don’t know. I think that the one thing I would just say is I think there’s 10 untouchable players in the league, if that. I’m sure that someone is going to bring up their name to him, but I would say this: If any of those guys are getting dealt, there’s going to be a good reason for it. Like you’re going to look at that deal and you’re going to say, ‘Okay, I get it.’ “

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah, that's not happening, but for the sake of conversation...

Bidding starts at a replacement defenseman as good or better than him and a very good prospect.

Doughty + Vilardi is a trade that Nashville doesn't lose.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad