Rumor: "PK likely to be traded" ???

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
They're not moving Subban. They'll roll the dice again next year with the same team. IMO Rinne has been the culprit for some time.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You're right, he didn't ask to be traded to the Preds, but he was going to a top contender with Cup aspirations, a lot different than an Islanders team who is losing John Tavares to boot. You want to see a player block a trade, it would happen here. At this point in his career Subban wants a Cup. He's not willingly going from the Predators to the Islanders lol.
Unfortunately, he doesnt any have a say in it. The habs gave him his NMC, then traded him before it went into effect, and then Nashville chose not to accept it. So his NMC is essentially voided and doesn’t exist.

Either way, I don’t think Nashville has even the slightest desire to want to trade him right now.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Maybe something around W.Nylander for Subban, and then use Subban to entice Tavares to come.

Gotta think that Leafs' team becomes a contender.

Gotta think Matthews and Marner will make $17M+ combined
add Subban and Tavares and youre looking at $38M between 4 players.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Gotta think Matthews and Marner will make $17M+ combined
add Subban and Tavares and youre looking at $38M between 4 players.
Add Kadri Rielly and Andersen. The 7 would cost $52.5 I'll take that any day....

Last edited:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I dont think Dubas relies on NHL18 GM mode as you seem to
Well everyone talks about how he’s a moneypuck guy. Let him moneypuck the shit out of the rest of the roster.

That’s not next year, but the year after. The assumptions here are 82M cap, Nylander goes in the deal for Subban, Martin is dumped somewhere along the way, Gardiner isn’t resigned, and Horton’s on the LTIR. I didn’t do next year’s, because that’s easier, with Marner and Matthews still on ELCs. Next year’s looks significantly better, with Gardiner and Hainsey still on the roster.

The year after that, Marleau walks, and Dermott and Brown need to be re-signed... not a tall order to fill.

And maybe Brooks, Liljergen and Bracco aren’t ready, but the Leafs have tons of depth, and these guys can be filled externally, if need be.

The point is, it’s doable.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I'd like the Islanders to trade for PK, so maybe Habs fans could finally stop trying to pawn Pacioretty off on us.

Edit:"Bu.... but he's from Connecticut......"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad