Confirmed with Link: Pius Suter signing with the Wings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is what being a Minnesota Vikings fan does to your brain. You just anticipate disappointment.

It remains to be seen if Ned can be a 50+ game starting goalie too but if you think I'm jumping off this big, beautiful Hype Train and joining you on the Mopey Express you've got another thing coming, my dude.

Oh whatever, enjoy your 365 days of disgruntled Aaron Rodgers taking shots on his way out.

It’s a fine signing. Excuse me for wanting to see a guy do something here first lol. I can remember being excited about Brunner, Leino, Brunnstrom, etc etc

Vikings point is exactly true.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
per CapF

CURRENT CAP SPACE : $32,115,277

guessing:

Hronek $4.25--4.75m*5-6y
Bert $4--4.9m*3-6y
Vrana $4.75--$6*3-6y

...so ~ $17M leftover

EDIT: add Erne $2.25*3y

so ~ $15m leftover

Last edited:
Reactions: Larkin1578

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
per CapF

CURRENT CAP SPACE : $32,115,277

guessing:

Hronek $4.25--4.75m*5-6y
Bert $4--4.9m*3-6y
Vrana $4.75--$6*3-6y

...so ~ $17M leftover

I sincerely doubt Hronek gets Sergachev money. I'd offer him 3.5aav for 2 years. He has points but doesn't have the defensive metrics to back up asking for more than that.

I could see Bert going for between 4.2 and 4.9. That seems reasonable.

Also you're nuts if you think Vrana takes less than 5.5 mil. He probably makes closer to 6 million after his grand showing in Detroit. 8 goals in 11 games and a whole lot of, "Imagine what I can do for Detroit in a full season!" will come up in negotiations.

Reactions: name

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was hyped about Brome, as was much of the board. Just because he didn't perform doesn't mean that Suter won't perform.

You need to break down that wall around your heart and learn to let love in.

Admittedly, I probably am being a bit mopey/poopy pants from getting my ass kicked at work.

To reiterate, not saying it’s a bad signing. Just don’t share the excitement of others yet.

Yzerman has made some good calls on guys like this with Gourde, TJ, etc

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
concerning hronek ive seen enough to be hoping for 5 years easily . say 5X5 would be great to me
giphy.gif

NHL Rankings

5 million for Hronek would make him tied with Danny DeKeyser, Ryan Pullock, Morgan Rielly, Dmitri Orlov, Sam Girard, Zach Werenski, and Alex Goligoski for being the 51st highest paid defenseman in the NHL.

Filip Hronek is better than only 1 of them. (DeKeyser)

Reactions: DInTheB

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Most importantly, this makes our team watchable again (1st time in post-Datsyuk era) & gives us a legitimate Top6, avg/below avg., sure, but all Top6 F w/Zadina+Fabbri+Suter still proving their mettle.

No more Flips/Nielsen/LGD/Helm/Abby/Gagner bottom 6ers in the top6. (Blash blender stairs from behind a curtain)

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
giphy.gif

NHL Rankings

5 million for Hronek would make him tied with Danny DeKeyser, Ryan Pullock, Morgan Rielly, Dmitri Orlov, Sam Girard, Zach Werenski, and Alex Goligoski for being the 51st highest paid defenseman in the NHL.

those players have nothing to do with hronek , theyre all in differing situations and ages . how good you think werenski would have looked with dekeyser on detroit instead of whatchamacallit on cbj ????????? let me tell you = you wouldnt be as impressed by him . hronek has proved he is a solid all around dman thats rugged enough in own end to not shy away from the conflict while doing a solid job defending . hes also shown he can get the puck up ice and help the rush in that manner . and all along hes played on a JUNK TEAM vs opponants top pairings . and hes 25 still with upside . im looking to lock him in long term for both his talent and competitiveness with the outlook that in a few years with a better partner and team hes going to be seen as a very valuable but underpayed player . but for hroneks sake hes set for life and might not become as good as i think so theres upside for him too

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
giphy.gif

NHL Rankings

Evolving Hockey says 2x3.89M.
Feels a bit low for a 23-24 minute a night guy, but maybe that's right.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Any easy comparable to where Chicago was at value wise with Suter is to recall Damian Brunner 8 years ago:

Swiss guy that came over as an undrafted UFA, signed with an O6 team and wore #24, and needed a new contract after putting up decent numbers in a shortened season where he was mostly stapled to an elite winger, but his GM didn't want to pay him because he wanted to overpay a bunch of veterans to go on an unrealistic Cup run.

Hopefully Suter does better here than Brunner did in NJ....

Reactions: amikaro

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
those players have nothing to do with hronek , theyre all in differing situations and ages . how good you think werenski would have looked with dekeyser on detroit instead of whatchamacallit on cbj ????????? let me tell you = you wouldnt be as impressed by him . hronek has proved he is a solid all around dman thats rugged enough in own end to not shy away from the conflict while doing a solid job defending . hes also shown he can get the puck up ice and help the rush in that manner . and all along hes played on a JUNK TEAM vs opponants top pairings . and hes 25 still with upside . im looking to lock him in long term for both his talent and competitiveness with the outlook that in a few years with a better partner and team hes going to be seen as a very valuable but underpayed player . but for hroneks sake hes set for life and might not become as good as i think so theres upside for him too
I'm happy to report that Hronek is 23yo. Turns 24 in Nov.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I sincerely doubt Hronek gets Sergachev money. I'd offer him 3.5aav for 2 years. He has points but doesn't have the defensive metrics to back up asking for more than that.
Sergachev's contract was all RFA years, he's still RFA when it expires.

Hronek has been playing with a garbage partner his entire career. He's developed a tendency to cheat towards the middle because he expects his partner to f up. Sometimes even plays a 2 on 2 like his partner isn't there. It's really hard to judge what he can do with an NHL level partner, especially because he'll have to adapt to playing with an NHL level partner.

I think he deserves a minimum of $4Mx4 because he had to play with Bowey, Cholo, Ericsson, Daley, and other assorted garbage. Call it hazard back pay for ruining his career. Speaking of ruining careers, he's also had Blash and Houda as coach for his entire career. Now I feel sorry for him.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Hronek is not that good, my man. He's a #3 or #4 guy. Werenski is a legit #1 defenseman who scored 20 goals once. Hronek ain't got shit on him.

When giving a player a new contract you should always look at comparable players based on their production and advanced metrics. Hronek is worth 3.5 to 4.2. MBH just posted 3.89 and that sounds about right for a guy on his second contract that has really not been good defensively.

If I were Yzerman Hronek would be my next Mantha out the door depending on how well Seider does this season.

Anyway, this is a Pius Suter thread. We can have the fight over Hronek in another thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad