OT: Pittsburgher Thread: Here We Go Steelers! Beat those Pats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
definitely need 1st half bud and not 2nd half bud for 4 quarters against the pats

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I don't think we have no chance.
I think we are outmatched in coaching but not personnel.

But Road Ben needs to stay home, and Big Ben needs to make an appearance. His recent play does not make that look real likely, however.

But we do have a chance.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I actually don't think Gronk's absence is going to be a huge factor. The Steelers struggle with te's and Bennett is a stud in his own right.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think that people are going a bit overboard in underselling the Steelers at this point.

raw

I really do think that aside from the obvious guys we always talk about, this guy makes a huge difference in the game and will put Brady on his wallet a couple of times, hurry him a LOT unless the Pats double team him, which means Harrison runs wild.

cscksyfdsu63jnq8xof0.gif

bud_dupree_Chargers.0.gif

pbCUjMb.gif

Oh please please please Matt Moore Brady. Meaning the hard hit, not the concussion.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
We can hope. Esp if press coverage can hold that extra second or two and give Dupes and Deebo time.
Tommy Dreamboat hates when his pants get dirty.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yup. This is where Bud Dupree becomes a household name.

Colbert has taken a lot of heat lately , but he's made some great picks to rebuild this defense. I even think Jarvis Jones is going to be a good defender in this league. I just don't think he belongs in a 3-4.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I wonder how good burns, shazier, dupree, sean davis all end up being.. it's fun to think about it, all of them playing very well despite being so young.. still need a OLB to replace Harrison somehow (thanks jarvis jones)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I wonder how good burns, shazier, dupree, sean davis all end up being.. it's fun to think about it, all of them playing very well despite being so young.. still need a OLB to replace Harrison somehow (thanks jarvis jones)

And if Jason Worilds didn't retire after his first contract. He'd be huge for us. Good news is there's plenty of top end talent at that position in this years draft. We are going to be picking at the end of the first round but this class is so deep it will be basically like landing a top 15 talent any other year.

Same goes for DB's. I still want someone to replace Mitchell. He's going to count for over 8mil against the cap the next 2 seasons. Not worth it.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Opposing QB's that NE faced this year:

Carson Palmer
Ryan Tannehill
Brock Osweiler
Tyrod Taylor
Cody Kessler
Andy Dalton
Landry Jones
Tyrod Taylor
Russell Wilson
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jared Goff
Joe Flacco
Trevor Siemian
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Moore
Brock Osweiler

In 17 games, the highest rated passer the Patriots faced all season was Ryan Tannehill, who finished 12th. That's almost impossible.

Not sure Ben is really playing much better, unfortunately, though he'll be the highest ranked 2016 passer that New England has faced all season.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Good point above. And while Bell has been great for us, its actually making Ben worse. I'd like to see them come out like they did against Miami(or the Colts back in 05) and come out throwing the first couple of drives, getting into the endzone. Then we can lean on Bell. Ben needs to get his throws in early and often, that's when he's at his best.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Good point above. And while Bell has been great for us, its actually making Ben worse. I'd like to see them come out like they did against Miami(or the Colts back in 05) and come out throwing the first couple of drives, getting into the endzone. Then we can lean on Bell. Ben needs to get his throws in early and often, that's when he's at his best.

The more Bell is doing what he does, the more Brady is off the field though.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

I know. That's the problem. It has been working. But when we need Ben to make a throw in the redzone after not getting into a rhythm before hand, we keep seeing the same thing. Overthrowing guys, forcing it, etc.

I still want to use Bell like we have been, Ben just needs to step up in the redzone. Simple as that. No more short field goals. But I've been saying this for years now. Hasn't changed yet.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The weird thing is that they are actually excellent in the redzone at home - much like Ben, there is a dramatic home/road split that really can't be explained other than Ben's road struggles. Some of it may be sample size, but there have been several road games this year that they've just killed themselves because they couldn't score TD's.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The Steelers definitely have a chance. Obviously, the Pats are favored. They had a better season, they seem healthier overall, they have a better coach, they're at home and we don't match up well against them schematically. All of that suggests that we're likely to lose. That said, this Pats team is not a juggernaut, it's not even the best team they've had recently. If you were to list the 5 best players in the game, you would put Brady first, but you'd have 4 Steelers after him. If we don't get Road Ben™, it should be close and close games can go either way.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Wonder if this is the game where the Pats miss Jamie Collins. He's the one LB they had who had the range to run sideline to sideline, and you'd think Bell could exploit the Pats' D a little bit. That said, New England's run D has been lights out of late, so maybe it really doesn't matter much.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Extremely off topic. But am I the only one that when I read "Roth" in Jigs posts that I find it oddly off? Since that's not the correct spelling. No offense to Jig of course. Maybe I'm just off.

Wish I had a deeper explanation, but it comes down to laziness. One less letter to type.

The patriots have a huge advantage with win/loss just by playing in the division they're in. Look at the QB's they faced all year. It's laughable.

It's going to be hard to win, for sure, but we're in it, so I'm hoping our guys come out and fire on all cylinders. The Steelers are the better team as a whole, just need to execute and knock Brady on his ass.

I'm just talking about Brady at home in the playoffs where he has some ungodly number... believe it is now 16-4.

Roth is just hot garbage on the road this season and it happened again in KC.

Maybe he smartens up for this game, but it is most certainly a major concern, even beyond the coaching discrepancies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

This is true. I felt our defense started tiring out in the second half. Our defensive line especialły. And that's what scares me, missing Heyward is huge. Tuitt can only do so much. I feel Brady will have all day.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is true. I felt our defense started tiring out in the second half. Our defensive line especialły. And that's what scares me, missing Heyward is huge. Tuitt can only do so much. I feel Brady will have all day.

Hargrave is only a rookie but the dudes a beast. I'd say he's probably the biggest reason our pass rush has improved so much the second half of the season.

Helluva 3rd round pick. 16.5 sacks his final season in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad