OT: Pittsburgher Thread: Here We Go Steelers! Beat those Pats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The Chiefs are better than when we played them and Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but I really don't think they've improved enough to beat us. It may be close, but this is a game we should still win.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure losing to Kansas City will be more humane than what New England will do to us haha

Oh well. Can't wait.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
I usually hate all early NFL and NHL games so I love that this game got moved to 820. If ratings are good this will likely be the norm.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I usually hate all early NFL and NHL games so I love that this game got moved to 820. If ratings are good this will likely be the norm.

Yeah, they are already talking about adding more Sunday night games going forward and keeping it similar to the Saturday schedule if this goes well

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I sleep and lay around on weekend afternoons. Out late at night. Football schedules don't work for me.

I don't understand. You just described why afternoon games are better :laugh: I'm lying around doing nothing this afternoon, and will be out tonight. That's the problem.

This will only be for postseason. Just likely the end of 1 oclock games on Sunday for the wildcard and Divisional rounds.

I know. I just don't like it. I'm going to miss most of the game tonight, and what I do catch will be on the radio. :cry:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I like to be active watching football. Especially playoff football.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Chiefs are better than when we played them and Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but I really don't think they've improved enough to beat us. It may be close, but this is a game we should still win.

Should win? You certainly can make the argument. But, I see this one as a pick em myself.

Pretty sure losing to Kansas City will be more humane than what New England will do to us haha

Oh well. Can't wait.

I suspect the Steelers will show more fight as a road playoff dog at NE than they've shown in the playoffs at home versus NE. They may not win (likely won't win), but it seems when the Steelers are true, bigger road dogs, they tend to play better than expected.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Last 11 NFL playoff games have been won by the home team. Hopefully Steelers can get it done today.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Since the current format began in 1990, not once have home teams won all eight games on the first two weekends. In fact, since 2002, home teams have won seven games on the first two weekends only once. That occurred in 2011, when the only road winner the first two weekends was the New York Giants at Green Bay in a second-round game.

Now that two home teams won yesterday, if K.C. and Dallas win, it will be the first time home teams won all games in the first two rounds.

I don't mind that so much as the fact that the games haven't been close.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Definitely agree. Need Ben to be Ben today in a big way. No turnovers and the 3 B's and we should be good. If we want to be real contenders, we need to be smart for 3 straight games.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
field position will be huge, if we're starting inside our ten against that crowd all game it might get ugly. but I'm expecting a lot of no huddle today, and quick passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad