Rumor: Pittsburgh Penguins targeting Columbus defenseman Jack Johnson?

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
It probably would have been better if JK didn't even answer the question from Portzline...

He's not under oath, no GM reveals all his cards to the public. We really should be used to this kind of stuff, by now. Why, even The Scarlet (and Gray) Pope Urban is not completely honest and forthcoming with his every pronouncement!

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
All these articles I read are all about what Pittsburgh gets from a rumored deal involving JJ. Now, I'm not naive, I know few ppl care about what a last place team gains from giving up one of its premier players, but I could listen to the pundits talk about this making all kinds of sense, but really, I'm not seeing it from the Jackets POV. Yes, the young kids (erixon, golo, prout, etc.) look to be potentially ready for more ice with the big club, Johnson is likely the last "Long term contract" defenseman on this team I'd want to deal right now.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
He's not under oath, no GM reveals all his cards to the public. We really should be used to this kind of stuff, by now. Why, even The Scarlet (and Gray) Pope Urban is not completely honest and forthcoming with his every pronouncement!

Its amazing how everything sounds like "Honesty" and straight to the point vs. dealing with your predecessor. :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Or, and this is going to be difficult for many people to understand... maybe he meant every word of what he said.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
/Ignores DSL's wise words

Or maybe Jarmo isn't as good at English as we all thought and he actually meant to say that he plans to trade Johnson!

tin-foil-hat.jpg

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yep. Only way CBJ potentially win is if it includes Despres, Bennett and another piece. And if I was Shero, I wouldn't do it.

No way Shero includes Bennet in any trade proposals, he's the only top 6 forward in the orginization that the system has.

I've heard Despre mentioned and He has a high ceiling, but if I were Columbus I'd try to get something like Despre, Jeffery, a high Pick.

redsfanhere*

Jun 9, 2011
if they trade anybody to pittsburgh it will be a stay at home defenseman..closest thing we have to that is fedor tyutin. that's probaly the guy they are targeting not jj.what do you think they would give for tyutin is the question?

bruins seguin 19*

keep our d core

with tim erixon playing well and our dman starting to gel. no need to do anything. no trades let them blossom.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
with tim erixon playing well and our dman starting to gel. no need to do anything. no trades let them blossom.

To be honest, injuries are allowing Erixon to "gel" and "blossom". He's probably moved ahead of Moore on the depth chart, but there is a pink elephant that is starting to become more and more noticeable in the room.

Is there an urgency for the rest of this season? No. However, it will start to become more and more questionable moving forward what is the best defense we can put on the ice. It is looking more and more unlikely it is the top 5 we have now (JMFJ, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, and Aucoin).

Johnson has a lot of talent and during his time here, a lot of heart and desire. However he also has questionable decision making. The former is great for a #1, the latter not so much. As you go down the list, you can say that about a lot of our top 5 - to varying degree's of course.

We all know something is going to happen, we just aren't sure when.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
To be honest, injuries are allowing Erixon to "gel" and "blossom". He's probably moved ahead of Moore on the depth chart, but there is a pink elephant that is starting to become more and more noticeable in the room.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

Is there an urgency for the rest of this season? No. However, it will start to become more and more questionable moving forward what is the best defense we can put on the ice. It is looking more and more unlikely it is the top 5 we have now (JMFJ, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, and Aucoin).

Johnson has a lot of talent and during his time here, a lot of heart and desire. However he also has questionable decision making. The former is great for a #1, the latter not so much. As you go down the list, you can say that about a lot of our top 5 - to varying degree's of course.

Erixon, Moore, Goloubef, and to a lesser extent Prout, have shaken things up with some really solid play as a group.

I like our top 4 on paper alot more than I have on the ice this season. We've had alot of shake ups with injuries, but I'm not as sold on the top 2 pairings as I was before the season.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I've been thinking lately, if anybody other than Aucoin should be traded from our blue line, it should be Wisnewski or Nikitin.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I've been thinking lately, if anybody (other than Aucoin), Wisnewski is the guy that should be traded.

I'm starting to lean more and more toward Nikitin. I'll be honest, I might be more inclined to move him before Aucoin.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I still say we move Nikitin and Tyutin. The pair is not good enough to commit to and the return for those two would be alot. Wiz and Moore worry me as injury prone players, but Wiz's shot is too valuable to let go at this point (our power play is actually dangerous with him on the back end) and Moore is too young to give up on for me. I still like Aucoin as our 7th D-man, he's cheap, a good locker room leader, and a great mentor for a young D-corp.

I really don't think anyone is or should be safe at this point, but there are certain candidates that stick out to me above others.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've been thinking lately, if anybody other than Aucoin should be traded from our blue line, it should be Wisnewski or Nikitin.

Of all our defencemen, Wiz is the guy I think we'd miss most if we dealt him. I also don't think we'd get fair value for him with that contract.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Of all our defencemen, Wiz is the guy I think we'd miss most if we dealt him. I also don't think we'd get fair value for him with that contract.

I actually agree...because of that shot, that right handed shot.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wiz' right handed shot on the power play is huge for us. It is really noticeable when he is not in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad