Rumor: Pittsburgh Penguins targeting Columbus defenseman Jack Johnson?

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Aucoin is a right handed shot too. Of the depth defensemen, Goloubef, Savard, Prout, Ruth, and Madaisky (if he ever returns from his injury) are also righties.

There is more depth with right-handed d-men than before, but none of the rookies are quite ready to replace Wiz. But it is a consideration that there needs to be a balance between righties and lefties.

Edited to add: Seth Jones is a rightie.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's not just about how the defenseman holds his hockey stick; it's about shot ability and power play point management ability. Wisniewski has these things. Not sure the same can be said for the other guys.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Wiz is very low on the list of D-men I would ok with moving. The big shot is important but I also like what he seems to bring in intangibles. He seems like a leader.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
1. Trade Wiz
2 .Realize what the team is missing without Wiz.
3. Try to find a replacement for Wiz.
4. Cannot get anybody of that caliber to sign.
5. Wait and hope a prospect replaces what he brings to the CBJ table.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I just wish Wiz wasn't so injury prone.

I just wish he were better at defense and would stop passing the puck in front of his own damn net.

But after considering the other thoughts expressed on this topic, here would be my order of preference if Jarmo would trade a blue liner:
1. Aucoin
2. Savard
3. Nikitin
4. Wisnewski or Tyutin

Sadly, we'd get the most value out of #4.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I just wish he were better at defense and would stop passing the puck in front of his own damn net.

But after considering the other thoughts expressed on this topic, here would be my order of preference if Jarmo would trade a blue liner:
1. Aucoin
2. Savard
3. Nikitin
4. Wisnewski or Tyutin

Not sure how much interest there would be in Wiz. Mostly due to his contract.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I could care less about Savard one way or another. I see no reason to move him now, unless it is part of another deal. He's not a consideration one way or another. There is no urgency in moving him and, as I said, no reason to.

To the rest of the list, remember this isn't all about value. Part of the value is the reclamation of a roster spot. Don't worry over much about return, just that it is fair for the player in question.

We probably aren't going to move one of our more valuable d-men for forwards, that is where value starts to become a consideration. Meaning we probably aren't going to get what we need at forwards with the d-men that we have. More likely more of the same of what we already have.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I could care less about Savard one way or another. I see no reason to move him now, unless it is part of another deal. He's not a consideration one way or another. There is no urgency in moving him and, as I said, no reason to.

To the rest of the list, remember this isn't all about value. Part of the value is the reclamation of a roster spot. Don't worry over much about return, just that it is fair for the player in question.

We probably aren't going to move one of our more valuable d-men for forwards, that is where value starts to become a consideration. Meaning we probably aren't going to get what we need at forwards with the d-men that we have. More likely more of the same of what we already have.

I am really not that anxious to trade Savard. Number one, at this point, the return probably would not be that great. Number two, I think the kid still has some up-side, and I think he has value now as a player in the A that can come up to fill in when needed.

He also may be a bit redundant at this point, though, so I also would not lose any sleep if he were traded for someone that would help us in the long run.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Why is there a thread about trading JJ??? I don't think anyone in Ohio would consider trading him before he's had a chance to play at least one normal NHL season in Columbus...

Carry on.....

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
If I'm GMJK, I'd trade ____________________ (fill in the blank) if I feel it will make this club better. I'm trusting that GMJK sees things differently than GMSH, who's vision landed us in the basement. . .so out with the old, in with the new. Trade who you have to to make this club better. Not just give them away, but anyone is available at the right price.

Frankly, I get the feeling that JD and JK are more "disconnected", if you will, from the players than SH or even DM were. They'll move bodies for the betterment of the organization if they have to. . .

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
If I'm GMJK, I'd trade ____________________ (fill in the blank) if I feel it will make this club better. I'm trusting that GMJK sees things differently than GMSH, who's vision landed us in the basement. . .so out with the old, in with the new. Trade who you have to to make this club better. Not just give them away, but anyone is available at the right price.

Frankly, I get the feeling that JD and JK are more "disconnected", if you will, from the players than SH or even DM were. They'll move bodies for the betterment of the organization if they have to. . .

I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad