Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary cap: We need some wet wipes, there's a mess back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hope not but Hall-Malkin-Rust would be pretty lethal.

Zucker-Crosby-Simon
Hall-Malkin-Rust

Would we sacrifice some depth to keep Hall if he gels here and use Zucker on RW with Jake and Crosby?
What's Hall doing really for Arizona? Hard pass!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think we need to be a bit more realistic here. We shouldn't be chasing after any big names. Our biggest acquisitions should be our injured Defensemen. Then add a depth forward and roll the dice.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Hope not but Hall-Malkin-Rust would be pretty lethal.

Zucker-Crosby-Simon
Hall-Malkin-Rust

Would we sacrifice some depth to keep Hall if he gels here and use Zucker on RW with Jake and Crosby?

At this point, to retain a Hall we'd have to move Horny, Murray and probably Mccann. I wouldnt call that just "some depth."

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
And what are we giving up to add such players?

I still don't understand why people believe the Rangers want to trade with us. Unless we basically give the farm away.

I dunno, what are both teams looking for in return? they are not gonna ask the farm for a player like Fast.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I dunno, what are both teams looking for in return? they are not gonna ask the farm for a player like Fast.
Why wouldn't they just trade Fast to someone else though? Again there's no indication they want to make a deal with us. And if they did, no doubt we'd pay a high price to do so.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Rangers are just a few points out of the POs...they may not be selling anyone...hockey trades perhaps...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Namestnikov for a mid rounder, Maybe add Hainsey also, get Marino and Dumo back and hope McCann gets his head out of his ass.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why wouldn't they just trade Fast to someone else though? Again there's no indication they want to make a deal with us. And if they did, no doubt we'd pay a high price to do so.

I doubt we would have to, he's not some type of player that will make them regret it for years. He is here until we are finished in the playoffs and probably back to New York if they wanna keep him. Pens have made deals with Flyers in the past so I dunno why we have to pay a high price for Jesper Fast. I'd rather go for Foligno anyway, maybe now Guerin is open to trading him now that he wants to destroy that team and rebuild.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I have no problem trading McCann if they refuse to use him as a center. Which sucks because he seems like a pretty great 3C long term. But maybe he doesn’t wanna be that anyway. I don’t know.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Came to post this.
Neither guy really moves the needle at all really.
Simmonds throwing his weight around and annoying goalies is...something...i guess.

we have one of those in Horny who’s better....Simmonds is a shell, and Bogosian is bad...I mean really, why bother, JR? If this is the outcome, no need to bother to do anything at the deadline .. both these guys will make us worse on the ice since neither can skate...I don’t get it...he’s moving back to a fake appearance of toughness that’s worthless..I thought he learned his lesson in his other failed attempts: don’t get bad hockey players, period

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
we have one of those in Horny who’s better....Simmonds is a shell, and Bogosian is bad...I mean really, why bother, JR? If this is the outcome, no need to bother to do anything at the deadline .. both these guys will make us worse on the ice since neither can skate...I don’t get it...he’s moving back to a fake appearance of toughness that’s worthless..I thought he learned his lesson in his other failed attempts: don’t get bad hockey players, period

Meh. It is what it is.
Prices may be too high for ol' JR.
He could get Bogo for free and he gets his banger he wanted in the bottom 6.
If he indeed got Simmonds, i'd throw Horny up in the top 6 where he's needed imo.
Keep your precious BART line and
Simon/Kahun-McCann-Simmonds can 4th line it til Bjugs shows a pulse again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad