Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap: Time is Relevant and Empty Arenas are Wormholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Same type of ES production in terms of goals, but has shown to be more apt at wing with a quality center and can play C in a bottom six role in a pinch.

Really haven’t looked at our roster (or anything hockey lately) but if similar you’d take the better centre most of the time. Depth there is generally more important.

Probably should start getting back into hockey again :laugh:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Guentzel - Crosby - Kunin
Zucker - Malkin - Rust
Tanev - Bleuger - Hornqvist
ZAR - Rodrigues - Lafferty

Aren’t you forgetting something....

Simpson412021315.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jared McCann for Luke Kunin and a 2nd.

Would you do it?

I put this in the main board Minny thread too, but I'd have to see how McCann performs in the playoffs.

If he impresses and we can roll 4 solid lines, I'd be hesitant to give that up.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Maybe Murray felt that seeing hundreds of comments about how he's a skinny, ugly crackhead with a bad glove hand who only won Cups because Fleury was telepathically guiding him from the bench wouldn't be good for his focus heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Maybe Murray felt that seeing hundreds of comments about how he's a skinny, ugly crackhead with a bad glove hand who only won Cups because Fleury was telepathically guiding him from the bench wouldn't be good for his focus heading into the playoffs.

Weak little baby can't handle hearing the truth?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jared McCann for Luke Kunin and a 2nd.

Would you do it?

No, McCann if he wasn't jerked around as a winger and then back to center, produces as well as Kunin and fits the Pens at that 3C slot. I think the issue people have is the potential contract he could land, I don't think it'll be as much as people think, if they can get him around what Rust makes (I think 3-3.5m range) for a 3C, we're in a good spot.

As for Kunin, I like his game and that he's a right handed shot (man we need another handed center that can win faceoffs), but even with his motor and injury history, I like the way McCann fits on the Pens a lot better than to move him for a lesser player and a pick.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No, McCann if he wasn't jerked around as a winger and then back to center, produces as well as Kunin and fits the Pens at that 3C slot. I think the issue people have is the potential contract he could land, I don't think it'll be as much as people think, if they can get him around what Rust makes (I think 3-3.5m range) for a 3C, we're in a good spot.

As for Kunin, I like his game and that he's a right handed shot (man we need another handed center that can win faceoffs), but even with his motor and injury history, I like the way McCann fits on the Pens a lot better than to move him for a lesser player and a pick.

I think Guentzel - Crosby - Kunin Zucker - Malkin - Rust is a hell of a top six.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Guentzel - Crosby - Kunin Zucker - Malkin - Rust is a hell of a top six.
Kunin is a center.

Say it with me. Centers stay at Center, we don't need to make everyone a winger.

Purge your inner Sullivan.

Also, the usage of Kunin has been on the 2nd line with Zucc and our boy Chucky. He's not really putting up the kind of numbers that you would want to move Jared McCann for, similar age (McCann is 24, Kunin 23 in December), not as fast and as productive, even if Canner is streaky. I like the fit of McCann as the 3c, if the Wild do Bjugstad for Kunin straight up, f*** it, I'm in mate.

Otherwise, no.

And you're dreaming, you know it's going to be...

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Zucker, Malkin, Rust

Crosby loves his Simon.

Reactions: Khelandros

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kunin is a center.

Say it with me. Centers stay at Center, we don't need to make everyone a winger.

Purge your inner Sullivan.

Also, the usage of Kunin has been on the 2nd line with Zucc and our boy Chucky. He's not really putting up the kind of numbers that you would want to move Jared McCann for, similar age (McCann is 24, Kunin 23 in December), not as fast and as productive, even if Canner is streaky. I like the fit of McCann as the 3c, if the Wild do Bjugstad for Kunin straight up, f*** it, I'm in mate.

Otherwise, no.

This was the first year of Kunin being used at center regularly. He has way more experience at RW than McCann and likely comes cheaper which was the point of the trade.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This was the first year of Kunin being used at center regularly. He has way more experience at RW than McCann and likely comes cheaper which was the point of the trade.
He was playing C in Iowa and in stints on the Wild. They envision him as a C and he has been playing more as one since he's been pro with the Wild, than he has been a RW'er.

Like I said, if it was Bjugstad, sign me up. Not for McCann. That's creating another issue to fill one that this team probably has a solution for, within.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In either case, trying to get a guy that the Wild see as a top 9 player, were using as a 2nd line C (with Eriksson-Ek)...they are going to keep him unless the Pens give up a player they shouldn't give up, for him, with maybe a sweetener. I am undervaluing him for Bjugstad and you are with McCann for him and a 2nd.

Just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce