Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where Gods are born & Old Ones Go To Valhalla..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think the bigger thing is trading our best prospect for a fourth liner.

Like, I'd be fine to trade Poulin for something. But Jarnkrok. No way.
I don’t think Jarnkrok would be on our fourth line when guys like Jank play on our third. Krok would have been our 6th or 7th best forward last year.

Many people love the points per 82 games stat; Jarnkrok scored at a 44 point pace last season. Krok scored 2 less points than Kap last year, but he scored more goals.

I’m not advocating to make the trade, but it seems you constantly overrate Pens’ players, while criticizing every other team and non-Pens’ player.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t think Jarnkrok would be on our fourth line when guys like Jank play on our third. Krok would have been our 6th or 7th best forward last year.

Many people love the points per 82 games stat; Jarnkrok scored at a 44 point pace last season. Krok scored 2 less points than Kap last year, but he scored more goals.

I’m not advocating to make the trade, but it seems you constantly overrate Pens’ players, while criticizing every other team and non-Pens’ player.

Nashville Predators: Calle Jarnkrok Should Initially Start on Taxi Squad

Jarnkrok had 9 points on the PP last year.

I like Jarnkrok, but trading Poulin for a 29 year old who has likely peaked and is a 4th liner is very different then moving a nothing prospect in Hallander and a 1st for a 23 year old that is cost controlled and was heavily scouted by our organization.

But, it seems you always miss the grey and always want things to be black and white.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

I haven't heard much good about Poulin of late. He's not progressed as I'd have hoped. He's disappointing me! Very poor beginning to the year in juniors.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Nashville Predators: Calle Jarnkrok Should Initially Start on Taxi Squad

Jarnkrok had 9 points on the PP last year.

I like Jarnkrok, but trading Poulin for a 29 year old who has likely peaked and is a 4th liner is very different then moving a nothing prospect in Hallander and a 1st for a 23 year old that is cost controlled and was heavily scouted by our organization.

But, it seems you always miss the grey and always want things to be black and white.
Haha I’m not agreeing with the trade proposal, but it seems strange that you defend guys like Jank and Rodrigues but criticize Jarnkrok. That’s all.

Hallander was always ranked in our top 3 prospects, so he’s not really a nobody quite yet since he’s only a year older than the great Poulin.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rodrigues and Jankowski literally cost us nothing.
tenor.gif

Again, I wouldn’t trade him for Jarnkrok either. But I think it’s odd to say Krok is only a fourth line player when you see some of the guys we have playing on our third line. That’s all.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well, I mean he is on a much less deeper team playing on the 4th line. So.
I doubt an equivalent player to Evan Rodrigues would be playing on their top line with one small injury in the top 6.

Also, you act like he was a fourth line player all last year. He got demoted to the fourth line later in the season because he went cold scoring. But Nashville actually did something about it, and didn’t continue to keep playing him third line minutes despite being a black hole offensively, something we should have done with McCann.

Also, since KK played on Toronto’s third line, does that mean he’s only a third line player? If there the case,

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I doubt Evan Rodrigues would be playing on their top line with one small injury in the top 6.

Also, you act like he was a fourth line player all last year. He got demoted to the fourth line later in the season because he went cold scoring. But Nashville actually did something about it, and didn’t continue to keep playing him third line minutes despite being a black hole offensively, something we should have done with McCann.

Also, since KK played on Toronto’s third line, does that mean he’s only a third line player?

McCann was dropped to the fourth line when he didn't produce.

Yes, that is the argument many of the naysayers are having about Kapanen.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif

Again, I wouldn’t trade him for Jarnkrok either. But I think it’s odd to say Krok is only a fourth line player when you see some of the guys we have playing on our third line. That’s all.

He really dropped off last season. Not sure if there is any contextual reasons

upload_2021-1-9_23-30-14.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Re: Salary Cap: - Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Cole's House of Pain @Tom Hanks

Well they also re-signed Strome. It'd be rather odd to see Sodastream as their #1C given he's there. At this age, I'd say he's probably anywhere from their 2c to 3c with Wallmark there as well, all we do know is that Kampf or Carpenter are their 4c, but that's rough while Toes is busy playing Cyberpunk2077.

I would suspect anyone that has played C at some point, will get a shot outside of Strome & Soderberg being their 1-2 punch. But that's a lottery team if I've ever seen one. I mean anyone literally thinking that team isn't purposely tanking, I think you should go check if you have any braincells left.

Delia & Subban are their goalies, that's some Tank Commander shit.

Makes our C situation look like a juicy Kobe steak.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Literally they each cost the team 700k.
I'm at a point where I am ok to just let it unfold. If they keep McCann at wing for good, fine, let's just see how Jankdizzle works with that line. I like the idea of Lafferty getting a better shot with those two so I want to see Laff get that shot. Blue will keep showing the blind idiots he's way better than they've been using him and they'll keep ignoring it and I'm all out of f***s for that heading into the weekend.

Reactions: Ryder71

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
tenor.gif

I can't say much for Jank, but Roddy Rod was solid in every single shift as a Penguin and he's back even cheaper to us. If you're going to complain about that, then your agenda is clear.

Reactions: Gurglesons

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Bold prediction Riikola is a regular starter by seasons end.

Hes getting PP time in camp and there are new voices in the coaches room.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He really dropped off last season. Not sure if there is any contextual reasons

View attachment 383039

That's odd to see with Jarnkrok. I knew he was a strong analytical player in the past, but it's odd to see an abrupt decline like that while still in his "prime" age.

It's also worth noting that it seems like a lot of Predators players had a drop off last year. Sissons was an example of a guy who had a drastic drop off. I don't know what the deal with the Predators is, they have a pretty strong roster on paper but they were painfully mediocre last year. They have very strong depth scoring, they had 10 forwards who had basically a 40 point pace last year. But at the same time, 9 of those 10 players didn't even have a 60 point pace.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Bold prediction Riikola is a regular starter by seasons end.

Hes getting PP time in camp and there are new voices in the coaches room.

Yeah I'm hopeful. Some of the old coaches may have signed off on or even advocated for JJ. Coaches always think they can fix guys. A refresh, even if you lose a good coach like Gonch, is needed now and then.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah I'm hopeful. Some of the old coaches may have signed off on or even advocated for JJ. Coaches always think they can fix guys. A refresh, even if you lose a good coach like Gonch, is needed now and then.

I will be ecstatic if the new coaches can relegate Ceci to the press box when he sucks and swap in Riikola.

We will see how much influence they can have on our HC.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We just have to convince the coaching staff that Riikola is some aged journeyman reclamation project. He'll never sit again.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If Cici is ones biggest concern Pens are in great shape. I mentioned Malkin as to players who rebound due to management setting the tone. Malkin wasn't playing well by anyone's standards in 2018. It is in the coaching and setting expectations that Pens will move off anyone like Kessel who simply don't bring the effort to the team. GMJR will make changes and that is a priority in his view. Cici will play reasonably well since he knows that is the standard Sully and GMJR demand.

Same with Matheson. He is in a system and demand that will benefit him. It is about effort. Sully liked Galchenyuk but he was moved since he wasn't scoring. Effort matters and I do think this team will bring that this year. Sully has not done a good job in the playoffs and that has to be reversed. Last year vs Montreal was somewhat unique but no question GMJR and Sully will not let this year be a continuation of the last two playoff years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino