Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Now less Horny. (GMJR is still a moron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Eh. Worst case scenario Matheson is Justin Schultz of the past three years on a bloated contract.

Pretty much. And Matheson hasn't had his ankle blow out like Schultz. And we're not asking him to be our #3D like before Marino.

Stronger chance of success than many care to admit IMO.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It was less about Rask and more about JR needing to make two trades to basically replace Kessel. Giving up an extra 1st and Addison because of it. And whether Addison was a fit or not he was still a great asset. I get what you are saying tho. But I am just referring to the fact that we would have been much better off if Kessel accepted that trade.

Having Zucker over Galchenyuk to start the year is the x factor there. We could have then gone into the deadline while being in a better situation. Thats what I am talking about. Especially since Guentzel got hurt, and AG wasnt working...thats why we made the Kahun trade as well. We could have also avoided that. So it did make a pretty big impact on our roster...assets.

Kahun was gone this year regardless.

I think you’re really underestimating what Zucker + Rask would do to our cap situation.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Eh. Worst case scenario Matheson is Justin Schultz of the past three years on a bloated contract.

Well you can enjoy your free yoghurt for 6 years if that turns out to be the case ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gurglesons

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kahun was gone this year regardless.

I think you’re really underestimating what Zucker + Rask would do to our cap situation.

You are forgetting that JJ was involved in that offer. So it doesnt make much of a difference.

Which btw everything else aside, getting rid of JJ as well? Yeah we would have been much better off if Kessel accepts that deal. Its not even a debate.

And Kahun as a RFA is still another asset. Thats been my point about these last years. We really missed out on capitalizing the most out of our assets thru trades. Who knows if that is the case if Kessel accepts that deal. But its been downhill since he didnt .

AG not working, having to give up a 1st, Addison to get the same player we would have already had(and AG in that trade so their cap hits canceled each other out for that year) . Trading Kahun for Sheary and Rodrigues doesnt happen since we have Rask at Center already for bottom 6. And then trading our 1st and Hallander to add Kapanen when we possibly dont do that. Maybe they just keep Kahun and sign him for that same price while still having our 15th overall and Hallander.

Anyway you look at it we are better off now and would have had a much better chance at winning it all this year

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You are forgetting that JJ was involved in that offer. So it doesnt make much of a difference.

Which btw everything else aside, getting rid of JJ as well? Yeah we would have been much better off if Kessel accepts that deal. Its not even a debate.

Rask is 750k more than JJ.

We possibly would’ve been better off, but JR would’ve made a move to fill out that D so I disagree.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so what would it take for the Redwings to take JJ off our hands i wonder. they have stated they are open for business taking unwanted players/contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad