Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Now less Horny. (GMJR is still a moron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll be the first to say, I'm actually disappointed that Matheson isn't coming here because I really liked his skillset and thought he could be a very good Schultz replacement. Matheson-Marino looks like a really solid 2nd pair and I think Matheson could hit 35-40 points and play in all situations (as in also kill penalties and play on the PP) for the Penguins.

I'd take him on the 2nd pair over Pettersson, and most know that I'm really high on Pettersson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'll be the first to say, I'm actually disappointed that Matheson isn't coming here because I really liked his skillset and thought he could be a very good Schultz replacement. Matheson-Marino looks like a really solid 2nd pair and I think Matheson could hit 35-40 points and play in all situations (as in also kill penalties and play on the PP) for the Penguins.

I'd take him on the 2nd pair over Pettersson, and most know that I'm really high on Pettersson.
I am so confused right now...

1st. The Pixies thing, still not sure what that wanker said to prompt Cole’s post.
2nd. The trade now didn’t go through?
3rd. If it didn’t go through, how pissed off would you be if you were Patric Hornqvist? It’s like Zucker and Fenton and that whole situation.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

1st. The Pixies thing, still not sure what that wanker said to prompt Cole’s post.
3rd. If it didn’t go through, how pissed off would you be if you were Patric Hornqvist? It’s like Zucker and Fenton and that whole situation.

It sounds like the trade is dead because Hornqvist's contract not being insured. I don't think it's quite like the Zucker and Fenton thing, although it may be that way for Matheson and Zito. Hornqvist's lack of insurance caused this deal to die.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

When I heard this trade, that was my initial thought - they think they can maximize Matheson's skillset by playing him with a rock steady partner.

I am curious to see Matheson's advanced stats, but I have no idea where to look them up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It sounds like the trade is dead because Hornqvist's contract not being insured. I don't think it's quite like the Zucker and Fenton thing, although it may be that way for Matheson and Zito. Hornqvist's lack of insurance caused this deal to die.
I thought they were still working the deal out regardless of that, also, why would Hornqvist’s contract not be insured?

Reactions: The Old Master

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have ceased to actually care and just kind of admire how dreadfully wrong everything has gone this year. It’s like a f***ing Lemony Snickett book. :laugh:

tenor.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When I heard this trade, that was my initial thought - they think they can maximize Matheson's skillset by playing him with a rock steady partner.

I am curious to see Matheson's advanced stats, but I have no idea where to look them up.
Literally everyone with a twitter account is posting some random advanced stats and micro stats and what not.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Haven’t they been saying the same thing about JJ: he’s a fine third pairing D with the “right” partner? Lmao...when you find yourself rationalizing taking on a terrible contract, these are the kinds of lame comments you make...

Reactions: pistolpete11

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Haven’t they been saying the same thing about JJ: he’s a fine third pairing D with the “right” partner? Lmao...when you find yourself rationalizing taking on a terrible contract, these are the kinds of lame comments you make...
Yeah that’s such a bad take by the Pens. JJ just needs the right partner, because he’s literally always the wrong partner for everyone. So Matheson is only worth his contract if you pair him with an absolute stud defensively that carries his ass in their own end?

I mean sure, I might do Pettersson for Matheson and even then, that’s not a good deal and I am not a Pettersson fan at all.

At this point Mario, Ron, and Morehouse just need to fire JR and tell Vellucci be ready to be head coach pretty f***ing soon.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Literally everyone with a twitter account is posting some random advanced stats and micro stats and what not.

I don't have Twitter. Or Instagram. Or Snapchat. Or [insert other app]

Not that I've seen. And there is nothing to really rationalize with him. If you put a guy with better players he tends to perform better. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah that’s such a bad take by the Pens. JJ just needs the right partner, because he’s literally always the wrong partner for everyone. So Matheson is only worth his contract if you pair him with an absolute stud defensively that carries his ass in their own end?

I mean sure, I might do Pettersson for Matheson and even then, that’s not a good deal and I am not a Pettersson fan at all.

At this point Mario, Ron, and Morehouse just need to fire JR and tell Vellucci be ready to be head coach pretty f***ing soon.

the problem with Matheson isn’t the player...it’s his 6 f**king years at an overpaid $4.85 mil per year ...what if he continues to not be worth that contract? JR always thinks he can move any contract...but he’s not been able to move Horny for anything better, can’t move JJ, and can’t even move Murray for what he’d like to get back in return...hell, he had to trade a second to move Fleury...he’s a shitty GM...he can’t move contracts at a drop of a hat without terrible asset management, and it’s like he doesn’t care...just get him the f**k outta here...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

It was in regards to Sully. You were on the bandwagon first about shitting on Sully before others. And i was just giving you credit. I went off topic. :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If you act like a needle dick you get called a needle dick. Example above.

or if you have to insult people to feel better about yourself, then you are the same needledick...see example above

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was in regards to Sully. You were on the bandwagon first about shitting on Sully before others. And i was just giving you credit. I went off topic. :laugh:
Oh yeah, yeah I have been on Sully for a while, but it’s not like irrational disdain for him, I was also super excited when he was first hired and even pumped that teaching video he did while he was with the Hawks, super pumped, but then the year after the 2nd cup, the warts started to show, for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->