Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Mathensum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sheary lead the Pens forwards in Corsi.

Not sure how anyone could be against Sheary coming back at 1-2 mil.

Because I'd like to set my sights a lot higher than a 25-30 point winger for the top line. Crosby's not at an age where he can continually drag around 30 point guys and still make it an effective top line. He needs more help now, and having Sheary as an option would mean he's back to carrying a 30 point winger against the opposition's top defensive players.

And don't give me the BS of "well, Sheary could just be used on the 3rd or 4th line". You know damn well where Sullivan is going to play him if he's a Penguin.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
*Cartman voice* Screw you guys that hate Sheary

cartmanOverlay_1980x.png

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sheary would be a solid third line winger that could step up on the top line on a cheap contract.

That being said we all know that won’t happen. Try to get a similar player we think will fit in there. I’m sure one of them will fall through the cracks and take the risk of a one year contract ala Comeau to pump his value.

Reactions: Riptide

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sheary would be a solid third line winger that could step up on the top line on a cheap contract.

That being said we all know that won’t happen. Try to get a similar player we think will fit in there. I’m sure one of them will fall through the cracks and take the risk of a one year contract ala Comeau to pump his value.

Sheary always played well with Hornqvist. Maybe he can go to Florida :laugh:

Reactions: Gurglesons

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Because I'd like to set my sights a lot higher than a 25-30 point winger for the top line. Crosby's not at an age where he can continually drag around 30 point guys and still make it an effective top line. He needs more help now, and having Sheary as an option would mean he's back to carrying a 30 point winger against the opposition's top defensive players.

And don't give me the BS of "well, Sheary could just be used on the 3rd or 4th line". You know damn well where Sullivan is going to play him if he's a Penguin.

I think Zucker - Sid - Sheary should be the top line.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think we should play a line of ZAR-McCann-Simon: the three whipping boys...we can call it the “leave you wanting more” line...just play JJ behind them and those shifts will make you yell like a crazy person and shut off the TV...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
So a 41 point pace is what you consider "good" for a top line? Especially when that 41 points comes with literally zero else (ie. not good defensively, not physical, doesn't PK, etc.)?

I mean yah 41 non PP points is pretty good.

It helps spread the depth out up front to have a player like Sheary who can play well with Sid.

Look im not gonna die on this Sheary hill, I just think he would be a good piece to have on the roster.

RSPens

May 25, 2015

As I already mentioned, I don't mind Sheary on the 3rd line, but if he is on this team he is likely stapled to Crosby, and that it why he should not be on this team.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
As I already mentioned, I don't mind Sheary on the 3rd line, but if he is on this team he is likely stapled to Crosby, and that it why he should not be on this team.

Sheary should be stapled to Crosby if he is brought back. Puts good players on the 3rd line.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars

Ahh!...probably Conor Sheary. Would you like to take that type of paycut haircut? He's a soft, perimeter player but I still think he'll do better contractually somewhere else. I hear the same people say we can't return with same team, we need change and then state we should bring Sheary back. Our UFAs are the easiest to remove/trim the fat. He played fine for us in the games he played, did what was expected from him in the 4 playoff games he played. Still, it was only 12 games total and we all know the point production wasn't sustainable for him. Time to let go again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad