Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Jack Johnson stars in 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I always get a laugh at this. JR made a mistake and is fixing it instead of burying it and might have to give up a pick. We still got 2 cups out of his tenure and he's traded a few firsts. But he's still a **** ton better than Shero. Also if Sully gets to be propped up by the wins so should JR. Except JR admits his mistakes and tries to fix it.

Not gonna dispute this. Just wanted to add some "pizzazz" in saying JR can trade Seattle picks to take a certain player ala Fleury.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
So what do people think is the sweetener? 1st? Jarry? Or are we taking a bad contract back?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Does one paint the Mona Lisa without a mouth?

upload_2019-9-29_19-42-14.jpeg

Monkey Jesus says why not?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Russel would freak me out. Expansion draft w/ presumably the same rules. NTC so that's a guaranteed spot keep.

NTCs don't need to be protected - just NMCs. Basically as long as the team can put the player on waivers, they can expose them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, Gudbranson has some leadership this team needs and also can cream Wilson.

Gudbranson was bad in Vancouver.

But in the capacity of making trades or signing players I'd choose Shero over JR every day of the week. For the record I like both of them.

I don't think I could disagree with something more than this.

Shero pulled off 3 decent trades in his entire tenure with the Penguins. JR pulled off 3 in one summer and it led to back to back Cups. I'll take my chances with JR.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Kassian seems like that player GMJR would try to acquire. Back in Carolina he was more than happy to acquire/sign players that were looking for "redemption". And he seems to, recently, like players that can throw down if needed. Kassian fits both of these. And acquiring him for Jack Johnson puts the Pens under the cap.

And GM Holland was connected to Jack Johnson before he was in Edmonton.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Pens4Life9

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kassian seems like that player GMJR would try to acquire. Back in Carolina he was more than happy to acquire/sign players that were looking for "redemption". And he seems to, recently, like players that can throw down if needed. Kassian fits both of these. And acquiring him for Jack Johnson puts the Pens under the cap.

Fingers crossed.

I would feel so bad for Edmonton if they gave up one of their few wingers who could score more than 10 goals for an AHL dman on a long contract.

Ok maybe not that bad.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta

Fingers crossed.

Oof

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Gudbrason was bad in Vancouver.

I don't think I could disagree with something more than this.

Shero pulled off 3 decent trades in his entire tenure with the Penguins. JR pulled off 3 in one summer and it led to back to back Cups. I'll take my chances with JR.

So was Hutton his most common line mate. Gudbranson has no expectations here. Go out, play 16-20 minutes of relatively responsible hockey and punch some faces if we need it. Much different then giving up a recent # 1 pick in McCann and a few others picks and expecting him to a be a future top pairing D.

Also, for someone that complains about beating a dead horse with JJ you certainly bring up Shero a lot.

Reactions: Trade

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010

Fingers crossed.
No way, Oil love Kassian and have him with McDavid. They also don't need a LD. Don't see a fit.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Fingers crossed.

I would be up for that trade

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Gonna guess it'll end up being WPG that gets JJ. They're going to end up with a t shirt vendor playing on the 3rd pairing if they hold as is.

Reactions: BHD

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Johnson & Bjugstad for Byfuglien and then we put one of those neck bombs on him and if he quits playing it goes off.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
I did not know what Malort was so I googled it. For the equally uninitiated it is apparently a liquor described as tasting "like pencil shavings and heartbreak."
My background is restaurants. In my fantasy football league the commissioner is the wine director of my old restaurant. We start every draft by doing a shot of marlot. It is so disgusting.

Reactions: Sideline
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad