Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Hungry for Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Great post. I just don’t see what others see in Simon. He is a dime a dozen player, he’s so vanilla.

I don't feel like checking posts from 4 or 5 years ago, but I would bet many of the posters insisting Simon is the best option on the top line are the same posters that were upset when Gibbons and Megnya weren't re-signed.

Hell, I think even those two scored more often than Simon does.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well, hard to go off of that given Sheary was with Sid as you and Riptide like to point out with Rust.

Sure, but 50 points is 50 points. Mostly at ES in 60-something games. Even with Sid that's really rare.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't feel like checking posts from 4 or 5 years ago, but I would bet many of the posters insisting Simon is the best option on the top line are the same posters that were upset when Gibbons and Megnya weren't re-signed.

Hell, I think even those two scored more often than Simon does.
You are probably right, sadly.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Sheary was traded after 30 points and a no-show playoffs until Ottawa game 7. I didn’t want to let him go but he hasn’t exactly lit it up in Buffalo either.

Edit: whoops, traded after a no-show vs WSH/PHI a year after another essential no-show.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im pretty sure if a player scored .75 points per game but was accountable for .5 points per game given up and another scored .1 ppg while giving up .15 , most idiotic nhl front offices and coaches would want player two...
Nhl management is chock full of imbecilic dinosaurs

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think these injuries are really screwing with JR's trade plans, so hopefully it's nothing too serious with either Malkin or Bjugstad.

It seems obvious to me that Sullivan's style of play works a lot better with McCann at the center position. I think Bjugstad has to go.

I assume a roster move or two needs to be made today because we have 9 healthy defensemen and two injured centers. Sending Marino down is the easy move but if both centers are injured, then what?

Looking around the league, there are so many high-scoring games early on (it happens a lot in the early going every year, but this year feels more high-scoring than normal). DeSmith's value to teams like Toronto, Edmonton, Jersey (to name three) remains pretty high.

I think there has been a lot of showcasing going on after two games, and I expect that to continue this month.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jarry's the guy that Rutherford is most likely to move.

Agree that Bjugstad's probably not long for this org is McCann keeps shining at C. Might get another go at RW to see what's there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think these injuries are really screwing with JR's trade plans, so hopefully it's nothing too serious with either Malkin or Bjugstad.

It seems obvious to me that Sullivan's style of play works a lot better with McCann at the center position. I think Bjugstad has to go.

I assume a roster move or two needs to be made today because we have 9 healthy defensemen and two injured centers. Sending Marino down is the easy move but if both centers are injured, then what?

Looking around the league, there are so many high-scoring games early on (it happens a lot in the early going every year, but this year feels more high-scoring than normal). DeSmith's value to teams like Toronto, Edmonton, Jersey (to name three) remains pretty high.

I think there has been a lot of showcasing going on after two games, and I expect that to continue this month.

There are high scoring games every year at the start of the season. Coaches are just administering their systems, players are allowed to globe trot more and new players are still adjusting to their new teams.

Pens need to get a ton of points this first month.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
JJ for a moderately priced burrito? I'm game. I'll even throw in a tub of pico de gallo for free!

Better be extra cilantro too or it’s a no-go...I think IcedCapp would scream if there wasn’t at least one egg on top of the burrito too

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
But those are two entirely different things. :dunno:

Well you can regret “trading” him because of the consequences and not because you think he’s an irreplaceable winger...the comment was that people regretted trading him...it didn’t say what the reason was...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well you can regret “trading” him because of the consequences and not because you think he’s an irreplaceable winger...the comment was that people regretted trading him...it didn’t say what the reason was...

Again, though, while we might have not liked how GMJR used the cap space, trading Sheary was absolutely the right idea at the time.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Simon is such a strange player. I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite like him.

Dude has silky soft hands when he's stick-handling, but can't place a shot to save his life.

He'll somehow hold on to the puck when he has 3 guys trying to take it from him, but can't make seem to make an obvious pass when there's no one around him.

I really don't get it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Simon is such a strange player. I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite like him.

Dude has silky soft hands when he's stick-handling, but can't place a shot to save his life.

He'll somehow hold on to the puck when he has 3 guys trying to take it from him, but can't make seem to make an obvious pass when there's no one around him.

I really don't get it.

It’s a different skill..not only do you need quick shooting hands, you also need to release it strongly, with deception in the NHL or you won’t be successful...totally different skill from sticklhandling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad