Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - HARD KNOCK LIFE...FOR US!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
What if somehow we were able to land Bennett and Domi. Pair them with Hornqvist on the 3rd line. That'd be fun to watch.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I get this weird feeling that Justin Schultz is going to rebound in a huge way on another team. Why do I get that feeling.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t know. Dude can’t hit the broad side of a barn anymore. I have no idea how a player loses his shot like he did. It was pretty much overnight.
Like I said in a different thread I think, something about the way the Pens players kept rushing back from injuries makes me wonder if/when they leave the Pens and heal properly, if they would ever rebound. A couple of players have left the Pens after struggling and rebounded, so he's one I want to keep an eye on.

Reactions: canadianguy77

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What is Sam Bennett's issue? I don't have a great deal of working knowledge anymore about the Flames. They used to be a team I followed a bit years ago. I remember Bennett being highly touted - I believe the comparison was Doug Gilmore. Really seems like he's a bust.

18e18f04b848b2009d7fb9fd03626526.jpg

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

I can't wait :eyeroll:

If JR trades for Fleury without heavy retention or trades for him to be the starter, I'm immediately jumping on the "fire JR" bandwagon.

There are still people that don’t want JR fired now?

Fascinating

Reactions: KIRK

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
There are still people that don’t want JR fired now?

Fascinating

When you think things can't get any worse...
Fleury is on the tail end of his career, having his worst season ever with a 7 million cap hit.
What's not to like?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would assume he just wants hits. Without ppl driving to work, i doubt ppl listen to his show

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I could feasibly see a scenario where Fleury comes back to Pittsburgh to platoon with Jarry for a year or 2, but it would require pretty unlikely events I think.

On the Murray to Toronto idea, how would people feel about a Murray for Dermott swap?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I could feasibly see a scenario where Fleury comes back to Pittsburgh to platoon with Jarry for a year or 2, but it would require pretty unlikely events I think.

On the Murray to Toronto idea, how would people feel about a Murray for Dermott swap?

I really thought that through and then it hit me... MAF is pissed that he isn't starting in Vegas. Why come to Pittsburgh and not start? That would be so weird.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I seriously doubt we're entertaining bringing MAF back. But, if you told me we were thinking about trading the 15th OA and Hallander for a guy that was a sure-fire cap dump for the Leafs, I'd have seriously doubted that too.

Who knows? JR's a f***ing idiot and should've been fired after the Isles loss. There's this new MAF rumor, pixies seems to think JR's going to move Letang, we just overpayed for a guy who could easily end up on our 3rd line a month into the season... :laugh:

I'm just enjoying the trainwreck. If the era ends, let it end with a bang. f*** it, lure Mark Eaton outta retirement.

Reactions: KIRK

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Like I said in a different thread I think, something about the way the Pens players kept rushing back from injuries makes me wonder if/when they leave the Pens and heal properly, if they would ever rebound. A couple of players have left the Pens after struggling and rebounded, so he's one I want to keep an eye on.

is there someone specific off the top of your head that fits this criteria. Maybe its just too early in the AM but im struggling to think of many recently.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Would you want Fleury back if Vegas took Jack Johnson's contract?
They would have to retain at least $2mil (5.0) so net wise Fleury would cost $1.75mil against the cap assuming POJ’s cost would replace DeSmith’s cost.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
With the hirings of the assistant coaches, I went back to their most recent organizations to see what UFAs those teams had. They were: Trevor van Riemsdyk, Justin Williams, Ilya Kovalchuk, Radko Gudas, Brenden Dillon, and Braden Holtby.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Would you want Fleury back if Vegas took Jack Johnson's contract?

I'd love to see JJ gone but the amount of chaos having a 7m backup on the roster would cause honestly might make that counter-productive - and if he was coming to be a starter, who feels happy about the risk of drama when he loses his starter's spot again? Or would the idea be to move Jarry and not get a back-up who can threaten Flower, and ride the declining 35 year old all season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad