Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread|2 Days - TDL "Center" of Attention - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tampa and the isles made a statement. If this team wants to make a run for the cup, they need to as well. The free pass to sleepy for doing absolutely nothing has now expired as other teams have improved for the playoffs.

I bet someone posted the same thing about the Caps trading for Shattenkirk in 2017...

Reactions: BillyOcean

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Flyers beat the Bruins, so maybe they're full of hope again.

I hope Hextall doesn't make a move so we can watch some make a spectacle of themselves for the lulz

I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking that. I mean, I hope Hextall does what's right for the team, but it'll be pretty entertaining if it's nothing.

Reactions: Night Shift

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Tampa and the isles made a statement. If this team wants to make a run for the cup, they need to as well. The free pass to sleepy for doing absolutely nothing has now expired as other teams have improved for the playoffs.
Colorado added some nice pieces as well.

Reactions: Andy99

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Flyers beat the Bruins, so maybe they're full of hope again.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking that. I mean, I hope Hextall does what's right for the team, but it'll be pretty entertaining if it's nothing.

I mean yeah of course. But If a move isn't made I think it was because they didn't want to give up certain assets. I respect that. OR Players he wants to aquire are not available (that's possible)

Reactions: Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think we are capable of beating Tampa. Just like any major playoff win, it takes everyone clicking and goalies getting hot at the right time. If they play like they did against Boston in the first of the series they just had, with a 100% healthy roster, yes I think they are a depth player away from winning the Cup. Worst case, I think they can build a roster when healthy that can compete. They would need one, maybe two guys in the bottom 6 erupting though. Maybe that could ZAR or ERod...

that’s fair and it’s not really different from what I’m saying...we have the players already....we need everyone executing well and get good goaltending and for our bottom six to continue to keep producing as they have been...we’re not one depth player from outside the organization away from beating Tampa...it can be someone already here...I think the Pens are going to be an underdog in the POs against every team in our division, let alone Tampa...we can do it but we’re not a depth player at the TDL from doing it

Reactions: Peat

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Bottom six is set and producing really well even without Tanev & TB. The only place I could see an upgrade need is the LW for Malkin - Kap. No use just spending assets on the bottom six. Nothing of value may come up with our limited assets and picks. I'd still trade our 2nd for an RFA player because that still is good asset management and in our range of win now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
that’s fair and it’s not really different from what I’m saying...we have the players already....we need everyone executing well and get good goaltending and for our bottom six to continue to keep producing as they have been...we’re not one depth player from outside the organization away from beating Tampa...it can be someone already here...I think the Pens are going to be an underdog in the POs against every team in our division, let alone Tampa...we can do it but we’re not a depth player at the TDL from doing it

They are capable. I think back to 2016, man that team had a LONG time to gel going in. They only added Schultz really and he didn't play that big of a role. In 2017, it was Hainsey. Every other year we've tried adding multiple pieces and it never worked.

I imagine what will happen now is that Hextall will make lowball offers on 2-3 key targets. He will then wait in hopes that at the last minute someone takes him up on the lowball offer. Otherwise, just not to be. Big Z and Gaudreau coming into the fold changed a lot of things.

Jake-Sid-Rust
TBD-Malkin-Kapanen
Zucker-McCann-ERod
ZAR-Bleuger-Tanev

is a cup capable group. Maybe that TBD could be Gaudreau and be Talbot 2.0.

Reactions: ownal

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would hope if CBJ was seriously unloading Laine, Hexy was kicking the can and maybe that's holding things up (wishful thinking) and it lines/checks all the boxes of now/future/long in the pants.

I'd throw some very good assets for that.

Zucker, Poulin, POJ, 1st 2022

They'd have a punchers chance at landing him. I can't see Mario sitting there and at least not trying if Laine was in fact available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad