Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread|2 Days - TDL "Center" of Attention - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Lmao, imagine if Tampa gets Savard and Foligno

Dear god. I bet Savard is jazzed though. Foligno I'm sure would be excited. I just don't get how they will get it all under the cap. I'm going to mutiny if Stammer goes on IR and him and Kucherov are magically 100% ready to go for Game 1.

It’s funny how people wanted him and still dunk on Matheson as if they aren’t cut from the same cloth.

Indeed. To be fair, I'm not sure I hold Montour's performance against him being with Buffalo. I know the adv stats normalizes everything but it doesn't quantify your emotional "give a f***" when your team is a dumpster fire.

Tampa is going back to back. Adding Savard is ridiculous depth for them.

So was Shattenkirk for Washington in 2017.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
For the record I'm not even saying the Pens should pay those prices, or that we're a Savard or Foligno away from winning the Cup. I'm just commenting that those are the guys I wouldn't have minded the Pens adding.
I think we are about 5 players away: a big LW coming out of nowhere to put us over the top, elite 1C to play 2C, 3C, top6 RW with speed and a bottom 6 LH RW that forechecks like demon and hits anything that moves. Radim the dream covers the first need; let’s see if they can find the other 4 players.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Their talent levels aren't comparable, but Laine is also only 22 and his goal-scoring ability at an early age is only 2nd to Matthews.

The basic point of a star player mailing it in during a bad situation is the main thrust of my argument. People shouldn't think that a goal-scoring phenom generally just forgets how to score at 22 at the same time he goes to a team that seemed tailor made for him to fail. They have one of the worst scoring center groups in the league and a hardass coach who wants to turn him into a power forward.
My point was harden is so good he’s worth the headache, not so sure about Laine

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sleepy is a piece of trash if he does nothing. Tanpa and the Isles are trying big time, that’s more than I can say about the Pens (so far).

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
But no one is making trades! What’s Hextall supposed to do?!?!

Looks at Twitter...

tenor.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sleepy is a piece of trash if he does nothing. Tanpa and the Isles are trying big time, that’s more than I can say about the Pens (so far).

Seriously, do you think the Pens are one depth player away from winning the Cup? Do you think if the Pens had gotten Savard for a first and not Tampa that we’d now be in position to beat Tampa? We’re probably not beating Tampa regardless, but if we do, it’s going to be because of Sid, Geno and our goaltending, and not because of anyone we’d pick up Monday

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Seriously, do you think the Pens are one depth player away from winning the Cup? Do you think if the Pens had gotten Savard for a first and not Tampa that we’d now be in position to beat Tampa? We’re probably not beating Tampa regardless, but if we do, it’s going to be because of Sid, Geno and our goaltending, and not because of anyone we’d pick up Monday

Bottom six needs to keep producing at the current rate and the stars go into "prime" mode.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Tampa and the isles made a statement. If this team wants to make a run for the cup, they need to as well. The free pass to sleepy for doing absolutely nothing has now expired as other teams have improved for the playoffs.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm sure a roster player will be going back. Johnson would seem like a center CBJ could use.

That seems to be the take on Twitter although I'm not sure where it's come from.

Tbh, given how long this is taking for full details to come through, the more suspicious/eager to know I am.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I think we are capable of beating Tampa. Just like any major playoff win, it takes everyone clicking and goalies getting hot at the right time. If they play like they did against Boston in the first of the series they just had, with a 100% healthy roster, yes I think they are a depth player away from winning the Cup. Worst case, I think they can build a roster when healthy that can compete. They would need one, maybe two guys in the bottom 6 erupting though. Maybe that could ZAR or ERod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad