Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - And meanwhile back at the Candlerock Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Pens win a game : hfboards pens fans: lets go all in and trade all the assets for all the players

pens lose a game: hfboard pens fans: team is doomed... lets trade everything for delicious draft picks....

*this is only a slight under exaggeration lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Daley is a rental. He knows our system. He's on a woeful Detroit team. Picking him up like we picked Hainsey up would be a pretty cheap but effective deal, eh? Money should not be an issue.

Thoughts? Just getting massive d-depth for injury.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wish we could get a Hyman type of guy for this team to add to Tanev.

I am really torn on where to go with forwards. I don't know if grit/grind is necessary, albeit i'd like ZAR's spot filled with Hyman in a PERFECT world. But ZAR is a perfectly fine L4 guy. If Sully is specifically trying to use that line as a shutdown line...ehhhh. I am not 100% sold because they got trounced by a few really good lines this year.

I would say we need skill and goal scoring, actually. And that is very weird to say. We need to replace Jake and guys like Simon/Kahun have been effective because they control the puck and dish to space well. Guys who are great in tight with the puck and can open up Sid/G.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am really torn on where to go with forwards. I don't know if grit/grind is necessary, albeit i'd like ZAR's spot filled with Hyman in a PERFECT world. But ZAR is a perfectly fine L4 guy. If Sully is specifically trying to use that line as a shutdown line...ehhhh. I am not 100% sold because they got trounced by a few really good lines this year.

I would say we need skill and goal scoring, actually. And that is very weird to say. We need to replace Jake and guys like Simon/Kahun have been effective because they control the puck and dish to space well. Guys who are great in tight with the puck and can open up Sid/G.
We can in no way compare Hyman to ZAR. Hyman is an established 40pt player that is just a monster everywhere on the ice.

ZAR just exists like a skidmark in a white pair of boxers after eating a bowl of chilli.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Daley is a rental. He knows our system. He's on a woeful Detroit team. Picking him up like we picked Hainsey up would be a pretty cheap but effective deal, eh? Money should not be an issue.

Only if JR can move Johnson first. That would be the move for me, if you move JJ and relieve this team of that contract and term, then you add in Daley which adds mobility back to the blueline and some brains in place of JJ. Seeing him vs the Wings, being out with an injury is actually a blessing for a team that might see him as a rental as well, he was flying for them, still looked really good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@ColePens - Hyman reminds me more of a physical/pesty version of Dupuis, but right handed. He can play RW/LW, he's a heart and soul player, he's a huge upgrade in the Pens bottom 6 and wouldn't look out of place with Sid or Geno as a "tone setter" type of player.

I just see him as a guy that could be someone JR could add and never ever regret.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I think Daley's knees are shot and he's not the Daley when he first came here.
He's the Daley that left and it was pretty ugly at the end

What's Marc Streit up to these days? :naughty:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

One of each would be nice. I'll settle for a hard worker who consistently gets his goals (Craig Smith springs to mind) and a a hard worker who's no liability with a puck.

Also, pinch of salt, but the impression I get from Detroit fans around here is that Daley's basically done at this point. Reluctant to try and rekindle that magic.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder if they think ZAR is what Wagner is/does?

I agree the Pens need goal scoring first and foremost. The skill would be the icing on the cake if the player came with it.

I'm leaning towards Kreider ever more because he can first score goals, has some size for playing against teams like the Caps and Boston, and he isn't all that slow for his size.

I mean, if the fact he's UFA is the only factor besides cost of attaining him, he's my #1 target.

I don't know if Zucker at 5'11" is all that appealing to me. Saad probably is off the table for now I'd guess. Rakell would be great, but that cost will be very high, and same with Palmieri. Toffoli doesn't move the needle for me.

They don't have to bargain shop, but you know JR will still be frugal.

Reactions: BillPrep

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Daley would be brought in in the same light they brought in Streit. Break glass only in case of emergency.

He's depth that will cost next to nothing.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009

Striet's career ended with 2-Montreal games in 2017. Marc remains a highly respected individual with the Zurich-Zug fans and recently turned 42!

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yeah, goal scoring is number one...but it’s not like we’re going to get a high end player like Ehlers (dream player, Jets’ engines are stalling atm but still...)....SO if we’re going to get a good but not great goal scorer, I’d rather have one who’s a beast on the forecheck...is there a player available who is Kunitz circa 2011 because I think that’s ideal for us?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, goal scoring is number one...but it’s not like we’re going to get a high end player like Ehlers (dream player, Jets’ engines are stalling atm but still...)....SO if we’re going to get a good but not great goal scorer, I’d rather have one who’s a beast on the forecheck...is there a player available who is Kunitz circa 2011 because I think that’s ideal for us?

There's pretty much never a guy who's 2011 Kunitz available insofar as I understand it. Teams just don't like that sort of guy go if they can help it - grow them or go without.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad