Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I never said there was any connection between the two.

Only that if Poulin can't distinguish himself enough to get on the WJC roster, I don't think it bodes well for his chances to make the Pens.

Any player trying to make our top 9 should be able to shoehorn himself into any WJC top 12.

And judging by what the coach thinks versus what Pronman thinks Poulin has played on a line with Byfield in every scrimmage.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Still have hope for Bjorkqvist as that fourth line winger with size and some skill to bring some grit to that line net year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Team Canada is sending the 2 C19 positive players home + 3 others that I assume tested neg. but had been exposed to the 2 positives? Either way Poulin’s chances of making the team either got really good or really bad.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Top prospects for Pittsburgh Penguins

we were pretty close on our list except they have Angello way higher...either way, this shows we probably only have four prospects that have a decent chance of making the NHL and none of them appear to have any chance of being all that great, certainly not top six or top 2 D material....we’re very very lucky to have Marino fall in our lap

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Top prospects for Pittsburgh Penguins

we were pretty close on our list except they have Angello way higher...either way, this shows we probably only have four prospects that have a decent chance of making the NHL and none of them appear to have any chance of being all that great, certainly not top six or top 2 D material....we’re very very lucky to have Marino fall in our lap

O’Connor is also way higher, right?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is why no one should have been concerned with Poulin being on L4 of his team. The entire 2nd line of Poulin's team just got cut from camp. I think it's more telling to look at Poulin's linemates to judge where he's currently falling in the depth chart. I think it suggests that he's on the fringe, which is pretty much where Pronman had him located.

The roster will have their final cuts tonight, so we'll be able to see if Poulin made it or not. They're going to cut 6 forwards and I think Poulin is battling it out with guys like Jarvis and Suzuki for spots.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

This is why no one should have been concerned with Poulin being on L4 of his team. The entire 2nd line of Poulin's team just got cut from camp. I think it's more telling to look at Poulin's linemates to judge where he's currently falling in the depth chart. I think it suggests that he's on the fringe, which is pretty much where Pronman had him located.

The roster will have their final cuts tonight, so we'll be able to see if Poulin made it or not. They're going to cut 6 forwards and I think Poulin is battling it out with guys like Jarvis and Suzuki for spots.

He will have to have a pretty big impact for sure in this final game to make the team.
Hope he makes it, would be a great experience for him!

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's also kinda crazy to see how many 1st rounders are looking to be on this team. On just those two team's 4th lines, every single player there was a 1st rounder in 2019 (Newhook, Poulin, Pelletier and Suzuki) or 2020 (Holloway and Jarvis). The only forwards there that weren't 1st rounders on those two teams were Rees (44th overall in 2019), Beckman (75th overall in 2019, just cut), Clarke (80th overall in 2019, will likely be cut), Gonclaves (62nd overall in 2020, will likely be cut), Schwindt (81st overall in 2019, just cut) and Wright (will be a future #1 overall, just cut).

They're going to cut 6 additional forwards, and I think Clarke and Gonclaves will be 2 of those 6 players cut. That leaves 4 remaining cuts to the forwards, and all of them except for Rees were 1st round picks. This year just seems like an unusually stacked year for Team Canada offensively, where it's not a slight against any of the players cut if they fail to make the team.

From reading a little bit on the TC WJC board, it sounds like the expected 6 cuts will be Bourque, Clarke, Gonclaves, Suzuki, Poulin and Jarvis. But I think the last 3 will be battling it out with guys like Zary, Rees, Pelletier and Holloway for spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yep, Poulin got cut. The only real "surprise" here is Suzuki making it while Rees got cut, I was really surprised with that.

I think this means that every Team Canada forward on this team is a 1st round pick in either 2019 or 2020. Rees was the only non-1st rounder I thought would make it, and Suzuki (who made it over him) was a 1st rounder in 2019.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad