Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What the hell is going on with Pavlychev? I thought he was just a write-off as a prospect with any upside, but he's producing a ridiculous amount in college. He had more points in 9 games this year than he had last year in his last 2 years, when he played in 35 or more games.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State scores a ton which helps his totals, but after tonight I think he’s their leading scorer.

Probably should give him an ELC this summer.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What the hell is going on with Pavlychev? I thought he was just a write-off as a prospect with any upside, but he's producing a ridiculous amount in college. He had more points in 9 games this year than he had last year in his last 2 years, when he played in 35 or more games.

I dunno but it makes our center depth situation look a little brighter.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Penn State scores a ton which helps his totals, but after tonight I think he’s their leading scorer.

Probably should give him an ELC this summer.

He was tied for 1st going into the game, so I'm guessing he probably is.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Even without the offense, i liked what i've seen of him at PSU. He's been their go to defensive C since year 1.
So the offense is really nice to see for me.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
All aboard the Pavs hype train.

Seriously, where did this production come from?

Not uncommon for college guys to break out in year 3 or 4. Rust when from 11 points as a Sophmore to 34 as a Junior. If Pavs could replicate that production then that would be great.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not uncommon for college guys to break out in year 3 or 4. Rust when from 11 points as a Sophmore t0 34 as a Junior. If Pavs could replicate that production then that would be great.

Yeah, but it doesn’t look like he was all that productive at any level until now and he’s almost halfway to Rust’s 34 points after 9 games.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Big guys tend to take longer to put it together. Chara never put up offensive numbers anywhere either. Boyle did though.

I wouldn’t amend his maximum upside much more than what it’s always been: a good 4C. We’ll see now if he can keep it up for the rest of their 20+ games and then if he can translate that to production in the AHL.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Big guys tend to take longer to put it together. Chara never put up offensive numbers anywhere either. Boyle did though.

I wouldn’t amend his maximum upside much more than what it’s always been: a good 4C. We’ll see now if he can keep it up for the rest of their 20+ games and then if he can translate that to production in the AHL.

Perhaps, but I feel a lot more confident about him reaching that upside now.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
He's still tied for 1st place on the team, but he's also ranked 2nd in the whole NCAA and has only played 9 games. Dude in 1st place has 12 games played already.

2018‑19NCAA Statistics - Scoring Leaders

What is the quality of competition they've faced so far? Seems like most of their top 10 scorers are also experiencing huge jumps in scoring this season. That's not to say he couldn't be a late bloomer, but 7 of his 16 points came against RMU this past weekend. I'd be happy if he gets to a PPG this season.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
What is the quality of competition they've faced so far? Seems like most of their top 10 scorers are also experiencing huge jumps in scoring this season. That's not to say he couldn't be a late bloomer, but 7 of his 16 points came against RMU this past weekend. I'd be happy if he gets to a PPG this season.
I mean they've faced some really good teams like Arizona State twice and Priceton. The rest are mosty .500 teams right now, but it's still pretty impressive.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Finally growing into his body, and developing better coordination because of it?

Get him here and put him and Angello on the same line.

He's put on a lot of muscle going by all reports, which would have made a difference.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He's put on a lot of muscle going by all reports, which would have made a difference.
Which is also great to hear. A tall lanky kid with zero muscle is lot different than a tall jacked kid. He'll be able to wreck people with that size.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad