Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
People are overlooking a Dubas statement made in his press conference. Paraphrasing here, he said the deadline day deals might get them into trade conversations they couldn't enter before. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Koivunen or Ponomarev play one game in a Penguins uniform.

This is true. He sounds like he wants to pull off a on the fly retool where he grabs guys like Florida Jared McCann and stays relevant that way, not wait for these guys to contribute.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Get new prospects.

Prospect thread becomes crazy active.

Checks thread...........

I'm going to go post pictures of cute puppies in the general forum to get several batches of likes. Then I'll add the ever classic "posting for rank" in every thread. :laugh:

Bring out some truly xennial early-web tactics.

SEALBound told me to post a poll asking how many people want me to leave HFPens.

Just answering "middle schoolers mentality" with the same type of "middle schoolers mentality".

I could care less what any of you think about my hockey opinions. Also, I have never posted a picture of my dad taking me to my first game lol.

Probably should try that, because your hockey takes are obviously being widely unaccepted via the like caste we all must adhere to here on HFBoards.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is true. He sounds like he wants to pull off a on the fly retool where he grabs guys like Florida Jared McCann and stays relevant that way, not wait for these guys to contribute.
Or dump everything for Draisaitl after Edmonton flames out which convinces McDavid to sign the next year.

• Love

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
SEALBound told me to post a poll asking how many people want me to leave HFPens.

Just answering "middle schoolers mentality" with the same type of "middle schoolers mentality".

I could care less what any of you think about my hockey opinions. Also, I have never posted a picture of my dad taking me to my first game lol.

Probably should try that, because your hockey takes are obviously being widely unaccepted via the like caste we all must adhere to here on HFBoards.
To be clear, I said take of a poll of "how many people are sick of your shit" meaning your relentlessly whiny depressed postings about the Guentzel trade and future of the team.

And I would say you 100% care about what other people think since the first thing you did was bring up how many "likes" you have. So...yeah...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I mean it's absurd to ask you to leave, but being constantly negative in every single post isn't exactly constructive either.

At some point it just gets tiring. We get it, everything sucks. Our prospects suck, our coaches suck, it sucks we are fading into mediocrity at the end of this era, Dubas sucks because he didn't make the right moves.

Great, cool. I'll just be over here rarely checking this board anymore because I'd actually like to enjoy my days more often than not, and occasionally check here for any news or updates when I get the time.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To be clear, I said take of a poll of "how many people are sick of your shit" meaning your relentlessly whiny depressed postings about the Guentzel trade and future of the team.

And I would say you 100% care about what other people think since the first thing you did was bring up how many "likes" you have. So...yeah...

It's a message board. If you don't want to listen to me use the ignore feature.

I mean it's absurd to ask you to leave, but being constantly negative in every single post isn't exactly constructive either.

At some point it just gets tiring.

I'm not constantly negative.

Criticizing Dubas and Sullivan for being trash is just where we are at as a franchise.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm not constantly negative.

Criticizing Dubas and Sullivan for being trash is just where we are at as a franchise.
Hey you can type whatever you want. That's why I said its absurd to ask you to leave. I'm just giving my 2 cents on what I see when I show up here from time to time.

If you're positive as well, that's great. I'm just not seeing it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hey you can type whatever you want. That's why I said its absurd to ask you to leave. I'm just giving my 2 cents on what I see when I show up here from time to time.

If you're positive as well, that's great. I'm just not seeing it.

Sorry. I'll try to be more happy about our team winning 9 out of the last 25 games, blowing multiple leads during that time frame, and trading our best winger for a bunch of 2nd round picks and Michael Bunting like a good HF Pens poster.

Reactions: Pens x

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sorry. I'll try to be more happy about our team winning 9 out of the last 25 games, blowing multiple leads during that time frame, and trading our best winger for a bunch of 2nd round picks and Michael Bunting like a good HF Pens poster.
Don't get mad at me. I'm just being honest, and I already said you can post whatever you want.

If you enjoy talking to people in your real life that only ever complain about things, then more power to you. I don't tend to find that's a trait most people enjoy engaging with though. At least over the long term.

Lastly, trust me, I get it. I never said I explicitly disagree with your opinions. I probably agree more often than not.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is Exhibit ZZZ of what I'm trying to tell you.

If you want to play Eeyore with the others and convince everyone its the end of the world, go start a pitty party thread and whine there. This thread is supposed to be about discussing the prospects we have, where they might fit, and their progress.

We don't need you relentlessly posting "he's bad, he's bad, they're all bad, Bunting is bad! We're doomed!" over and over and over and over again. Quit being a cancer to the board.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
This is Exhibit ZZZ of what I'm trying to tell you.

If you want to play Eeyore with the others and convince everyone its the end of the world, go start a pitty party thread and whine there. This thread is supposed to be about discussing the prospects we have, where they might fit, and their progress.

We don't need you relentlessly posting "he's bad, he's bad, they're all bad, Bunting is bad! We're doomed!" over and over and over and over again. Quit being a cancer to the board.

I'm not. Feel free to ignore me. Last time I'm going to respond to this stupidity.

Don't get mad at me. I'm just being honest, and I already said you can post whatever you want.

If you enjoy talking to people in your real life that only ever complain about things, then more power to you. I don't tend to find that's a trait most people enjoy engaging with though. At least over the long term.

Lastly, trust me, I get it. I never said I explicitly disagree with your opinions. I probably agree more often than not.

I don't only complain about things. Feel free to take the above approach if my posts are this detrimental to your enjoyment of the board.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
I'm still holding out hope for this kid.

Hextall's drafting in Philly was way better than Rutherford or Dubas' history of drafting has gone
I’m at game, nice goal. Wasn’t very noticeable all game though. Dubas is here saw him earlier. Wondering if they are watching him trying to decide if they want to sign him

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm still holding out hope for this kid.

Hextall's drafting in Philly was way better than Rutherford or Dubas' history of drafting has gone.

Still amazed this needs to be said, but GM's generally dont make the picks outside of the first round. They can influence the philosophies of the scouting staff, but they don't actually make the picks. Any attempt to pin a draft record on a GM outside of the 1st round is pure speculation.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Still amazed this needs to be said, but GM's generally dont make the picks outside of the first round. They can influence the philosophies of the scouting staff, but they don't actually make the picks. Any attempt to pin a draft record on a GM outside of the 1st round is pure speculation.

Okay. The people Hextall hired to do the draft in Philly was way better than the people Rutherford or Dubas' hired to do drafting.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
they hire the scouts

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad