Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve learned body weight doesn’t really matter that much in hockey. And muscle mass doesn’t correlate with on-ice ability or longevity (Bjorkqvist, Kessel). And 18-19 year olds don’t need to do sloppy summer bulks.

Hockey isn’t football.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I’ve learned body weight doesn’t really matter that much in hockey. And muscle mass doesn’t correlate with on-ice ability or longevity (Bjorkqvist, Kessel). And 18-19 year olds don’t need to do sloppy summer bulks.

Hockey isn’t football.
that's true. I should have said strength, which usually correlates with weight. and yager needs to add some. :laugh:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The season is underway for the Pens' Russian prospects. Murashov with a bit of a rough start with .872% in 3 games in the MHL. Ilyin has 2 points in 3 games in the KHL. Tankov has 4 points in 4 games in the VHL.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The season is underway for the Pens' Russian prospects. Murashov with a bit of a rough start with .872% in 3 games in the MHL. Ilyin has 2 points in 3 games in the KHL. Tankov has 4 points in 4 games in the VHL.
Not that the KHL makes any sense, but wouldn’t you think Murashov would get bumped up to the K after last year, or does his parent team have the Russian equivalent to a Belfour/Hasek tandem in front of him?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Not that the KHL makes any sense, but wouldn’t you think Murashov would get bumped up to the K after last year, or does his parent team have the Russian equivalent to a Belfour/Hasek tandem in front of him?
Not Belfour/Hasek, more like Chiodo/Aubin.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I expected him to move up to the VHL, like where Tankov is. His KHL team has 2 veteran goalies signed through this season, he only got a game last year because both were out I think.

I don't know though, maybe they don't have a VHL affiliate? Or maybe they're swamped with goalies.

I mispoke or misread, their more-or-less starting goalie is only 23 and signed through 24-25.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Murashov actually had a 0.800 sv% after the first two games, so he's improving. I started to watch his third game but then Dynamo kept taking penalties and I never saw him even face a shot attempt.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know Ilyin has been projected by most as a third liner type but his offensive instincts have been very impressive in what admittedly little I've seen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can’t watch any of the prospect challenge games…I’m counting on some of you folks to provide some detailed analyses of our players lol

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Your gf never turns down an opportunity to watch Cooper Foster play hockey.

Th7KAk0.png

• Haha
Reactions: KareemTrustfund

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
2-0. Hard to fault Blomqvist on that one. Total pressure by the Bruins and a tap in back door.

2-1. Great individual effort by #47 Sam Houde. Drove hard to the net, puck found him for a rebound a moment later and he cashed in. Assist from Corey Andonovski.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad