GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00PM| Beau Bennett's Precious Little Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Engelland as a winger?!?!

tumblr_leczo32GMY1qdlkgg.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/390881947091607552

Because gooning it up against the Flyers has worked so well before. What a Pejorative Slured moron, seriously.

It's like he's incapable of learning from past mistakes.

Jesus, Bylsma, this team is so injured that you can't take away an offensive player for a #7 Dman on wing.

Carry us, Crosby, that's the game plan. Oh, and return to form, Malkin, so you too can carry them. If Jokinen gets injured (maybe Kobasew), it really could be Glass - Malkin - Adams.

penguins2946*

Engelland being dressed as a F means 2 things:

1. Letang is playing tonight, probably along Maatta
2. There will be fights

Hey, I don't mind. He will be playing 5 minutes.

JoeKnows

Aug 22, 2013
Not sure how you can watch the games this year and think DJ deserves to be in over Glass Adams, and Z looked good in the preseason, those guys all bring grit and toughness to the team, DJ is soft, hes been invisible every game and hes on pace for 0 points this year, like i said earlier Geno and probably Sid will double shift with the 4th line some tonight.

Lol he's on pace for zero points but that would also be true for half the team if it wasn't for Sid. Try him on a line with some size and grit and then see if Jeffrey doesn't produce, same goes for Sutter. Our problems aren't individual players its how we use our players and which players we acquire or let go. Put these guys in a position to succeed and I believe they will, put them in a position to carry their line on their backs and they'll fail. Hell, even Crosby can't carry his line all the time.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
I think its awesome. Pens already have injuries. This will be the game Philly will wake up and get cheap. Rinaldo and Rosehill are both expected to be in. I have no issue with this lineup.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
I think its awesome. Pens already have injuries. This will be the game Philly will wake up and get cheap. Rinaldo and Rosehill are both expected to be in. I have no issue with this lineup.

Not that it makes too much of a difference, but it's Newbury in for Rosehill. Although I think Rosehill is dumber than Newbury, unfortunately.

penguins2946*

I like the Twilight and Trixie gif. Anyway, people are freaking out over nothing. All that's happening is that Engelland is going to be a fighter, and Maatta-Letang will be a pair. I'm fine with it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Lol he's on pace for zero points but that would also be true for half the team if it wasn't for Sid. Try him on a line with some size and grit and then see if Jeffrey doesn't produce, same goes for Sutter. Our problems aren't individual players its how we use our players and which players we acquire or let go. Put these guys in a position to succeed and I believe they will, put them in a position to carry their line on their backs and they'll fail. Hell, even Crosby can't carry his line all the time.

Pens did that last year, DJ had his chance with Geno and Neal, this year he had a chance to play with Sutter and failed just like last year, DJ has had plenty of chances to play but he never takes advantage of his opportunity. I don't see him as a NHL player, at least not with the pens.

penguins2946*

Really? I'd assume the bottom pairing would just revert to Maatta-Bortuzzo, like it should be.

Letang is in the lineup tonight, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that Maatta will be scratched. Unless it's Niskanen-Maatta and Letang-Scuderi. I doubt they would break up the Nisky-Scuds pair, because it has been awesome.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't see the big deal. Means Bort or Letang is back tonight. And we all know Glass/Adams are going to move up whenever possible. Get used to it. Should be an entertaining game.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I like the Twilight and Trixie gif. Anyway, people are freaking out over nothing. All that's happening is that Engelland is going to be a fighter, and Maatta-Letang will be a pair. I'm fine with it.

Maatta-Letang is not going to be a pair. If Letang plays tonight he will be with Scuderi.

And you do realize that Gladams is on the third line, right?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Letang is in the lineup tonight, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that Maatta will be scratched. Unless it's Niskanen-Maatta and Letang-Scuderi. I doubt they would break up the Nisky-Scuds pair, because it has been awesome.

What makes you think Letang is in the lineup tonight?
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG

Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, on the status of injured D Kris Letang: "There’s not a timetable on Kris’ return at this point."
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/390888125272059904

penguins2946*

I noticed this on twitter after I posted that. I was under the assumption that he was playing, because he was on the 2nd PP unit in practice. So never mind, Maatta-Bortuzzo is our bottom pair tonight.

I must admit, our F depth is just awful. Kobasew on our 3rd line is bad enough already, him playing on the 2nd line is even worse. We need another top-9 W.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad