GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00PM| Beau Bennett's Precious Little Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Today's practice lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Kobasew
Glass-Sutter-Adams
Harry Z-Vitale-Engelland

I'm really not sure which center I feel the worse for.

W
T
F

Does Bylsma "want" to get fired? This gives us no chance to win. What did DJ do that he isn't 60000x better than Harry sexual devianetchuck?

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Today's practice lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Kobasew
Glass-Sutter-Adams
Harry Z-Vitale-Engelland

Ugh, the first line and Geno better have an awesome game!

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Amazing GDT Mikey!!!! It is hilarious. My favourite part was:

And so, Beau Bennett must defeat Evgeni Malkin's seven evil ex-linemates in order to become his linemate.

I can see that photoshop of Max popping up again... :laugh:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Today's practice lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Kobasew
Glass-Sutter-Adams
Harry Z-Vitale-Engelland

Barf, completely agree. For the first time in years we actually have one too many top 6 wings, and then two of them have to go get injured while our back up third liner is also still out. This game is going to be ugly.

That being said, when Bennett and Neal come back, Z-Vitale-Engelland intrigues me. Not that I'd actually want it over something like Vitale-Jeffrey-Adams (my dream fourth line for the team as it is), but it would be a fun line to watch getting under everyones skin. I mean, that's Ruutu-Roberts-BGL level right there.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
If Bylsma ices that lineup tonight and the Penguins lose, he deserves to be smacked. What on earth is there to gain from playing Deryk Engelland as a forward? is Dustin Jeffrey THAT bad?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
at least he can play forward. It's like DB wants to put Engo in the line up, because he fully expects the the Pens will lose their head in this one.

Technically i guess he can play forward, but hes not very good at it, we have seen Geno double shifting with the 4th line lately were probably going to see that again tonight.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
If Bylsma ices that lineup tonight and the Penguins lose, he deserves to be smacked. What on earth is there to gain from playing Deryk Engelland as a forward? is Dustin Jeffrey THAT bad?

No. If he's not hurt, that's absurd.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
at least he can play forward. It's like DB wants to put Engo in the line up, because he fully expects the the Pens will lose their head in this one.

I'm convinced DJ slept with Bylsma's wife. The guy is has played at a 20-30 pt pace each of the last three season mainly on the third and fourth lines while being responsible defensively and a capable PKer, and he can't scratch this lineup. He'll never be a top 6 guy, but people on here saying he's a waste of space while Gladams, Z, now Engelland, and even to an extent Vitale get time are a joke.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Today's practice lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Kobasew
Glass-Sutter-Adams
Harry Z-Vitale-Engelland

That's hideous. At least Malkin has Jokinen... I think that gives him the edge over Gladams, Zolnerland, and bad Kunitz and Stonehands. Poor Jeffrey, too. This is going to kill Adams.

Bylsma's dream team?

Well. All I have to say is I hope Sid keeps up his current pace. Or we're kind of screwed.

Too much talent and Europeans, lose Crosby, Malkin and Jokinen. Unless he needs the talent to save the team. :laugh:

Crosby has been completely carrying the offense for the last two games, we're pretty much screwed if he can't keep it up. Malkin isn't playing well and there's no one else... aside from maybe Jokinen who's on Malkin's wing. :cry:

All the talk about different people contributing and here we are. Crosby being involved in a little over 50% of our goals and 7/8 of them in the last two games. Crosby is a beast, but that's it's so worrying how dependent they are on him doing something.

Kobasew is going to nail Giroux, calling it now.

I'm almost wondering if

Jokinen - Crosby - Dupuis
Kunitz - Malkin - Jeffrey
Glass/Vitale- Sutter - Kobasew
Glass/Z/Engelland - Vitale - Adams combination.

wouldn't be better, at least try and get Kunitz and Malkin to spark each other... or contain their issues. Give Crosby and Malkin one winger they're familiar with each and try to balance Crosby's line a bit.

Last edited:

JoeKnows

Aug 22, 2013
I was actually kinda interested in the team experimenting with Engelland on wing when someone suggested it earlier in the year. I figured at the beginning of the season we could roll a fourth line of Jeffrey - Vitale - Engelland. Kinda an even mix of offense defense and grit. Plus there are a few players in the league that made the defense to offense transition successfully ie. Brent Burns. I didn't think it would actually work but since we're trying it anyways I really wish we were throwing Jeffrey out there too.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Seriously, no Jeffrey coming in but he puts Engelland there? If I were Jeffrey I'd ask for a trade.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Not expecting great things, tonight.

Here's to me being wrong. Losing to the Flyers is infuriating. Especially when they are awful.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm convinced DJ slept with Bylsma's wife. The guy is has played at a 20-30 pt pace each of the last three season mainly on the third and fourth lines while being responsible defensively and a capable PKer, and he can't scratch this lineup. He'll never be a top 6 guy, but people on here saying he's a waste of space while Gladams, Z, now Engelland, and even to an extent Vitale get time are a joke.

Not sure how you can watch the games this year and think DJ deserves to be in over Glass Adams, and Z looked good in the preseason, those guys all bring grit and toughness to the team, DJ is soft, hes been invisible every game and hes on pace for 0 points this year, like i said earlier Geno and probably Sid will double shift with the 4th line some tonight.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Today's practice lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Kobasew
Glass-Sutter-Adams
Harry Z-Vitale-Engelland

Is this real life?

The Gladams plan for world domination took another step in the right direction..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad