Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins lead up to the trade deadline - Help needed, please apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No doubt, I think the one I heard was 2 - 2nds as the value for him. The Pens don't have clarity at the 3C position so I think it's a must evil to pay for.

There is an incredible amount of clarity. ZAR-TB-Tanev is the third line. Therefore TB is the 3C. What isn't connecting?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Anyone else hopping back on the "trade JJ" bandwagon? Maybe now his value has been rehabbed to where he could be dumped without a sweetener, and he has clearly regressed back to his awful self. I'd pick up a rental D separately for like a 3rd. Let that dude battle it out with Riikola.

If we dump JJ it becomes much easier to keep both Murray and Jarry next year. Just sayin.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Anyone else hopping back on the "trade JJ" bandwagon? Maybe now his value has been rehabbed to where he could be dumped without a sweetener, and he has clearly regressed back to his awful self. I'd pick up a rental D separately for like a 3rd. Let that dude battle it out with Riikola.

If we dump JJ it becomes much easier to keep both Murray and Jarry next year. Just sayin.

I think you need to keep JJ in case of injury.

Or trade for another LD which is stupid tbh.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The only real lack of clarity about 3C imo is that we've got two guys who could probably do pretty solid jobs there, and arguably have been doing a jobshare on it (and 2C) for most of the season with pleasing results, and we don't know which one would win out in a straight fight. Well. They'd probably share 3C and 4C.

Also, if anybody wants to know what there was in Yohe's mailbag that was new and exciting about the trades, there was nothing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
At this point they have to put Rust back on RW. If they want put Tanev on the LW and it comes to it. I would run

Simon - Sid - Tanev
Zar - Geno - Rust (This pains me so much)
Gally - Mcann - Horny
Angello - TB - Lafferty

I do think this is the best of the worst options until we get Kahun back...

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Trade him in the off-season, bring in a bottom pair RD like Lovejoy and run with Riikola-Lovejoy as your bottom pair.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I wonder if Arizona hits a big skid going into the deadline that pushes them out of contention if they would try to sell off Hall to recoup some of the value they gave up to get him. I think he would fit with Sid perfectly

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Trade him in the off-season, bring in a bottom pair RD like Lovejoy and run with Riikola-Lovejoy as your bottom pair.

I like that idea, maybe not Lovejoy but I like running with Riikola-UFA signing as a bottom pairing. Maybe a guy like TVR or Demelo

Dumo Letang
Petts Marino
Riikola TVR/Demelo

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think you need to keep JJ in case of injury.

Or trade for another LD which is stupid tbh.

It would be pointless in the short-term, but the key word there is "term." There's still the issue of the remaining 3 years and $10 million against the cap JJ takes on. Solve that issue now...dump him for nothing...and bring in a rental for a 3rd + 5th or something.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Pageau's problem is still that he's going to cost an arm and a leg. Centers are just always overpriced. And we have better centers than wings.

Zucker plays in Minnesota, which means I don't actually know a damn thing about him :laugh:
Pageau's problem is that everyone thinks he is a playoff performer based on 1 game where he scored 4 goals, 3 years ago. He's got 12 goals, 4 assists and 16 points in 35 games. Again, 4 goals 1 game.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There is an incredible amount of clarity. ZAR-TB-Tanev is the third line. Therefore TB is the 3C. What isn't connecting?

The fact he isn't all that great at faceoffs and while he's a very good player, putting him in a role upwards doesn't exclude they still have the same problem. Just changing the deck chairs isn't going to fix the issue.

McCann in a reduced role isn't going to fix it either.

I think the clarity of the issue is apparent. Maybe Bjugstad with time can be that guy, again, maybe.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The fact he isn't all that great at faceoffs and while he's a very good player, putting him in a role upwards doesn't exclude they still have the same problem. Just changing the deck chairs isn't going to fix the issue.

McCann in a reduced role isn't going to fix it either.

I think the clarity of the issue is apparent. Maybe Bjugstad with time can be that guy, again, maybe.

If they platoon the 3rd and 4th lines then your 50 minutes at ES can be 15 Sid/15 Geno/10 Teddy/10 McCann. But as of now it's 15 for Sid, Geno and Teddy and 5 for 4C. People may not like McCann at wing but do you want him to play 5 minutes a game?

I do think Bjugs helps with that 4C spot immensely.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pageau's problem is that everyone thinks he is a playoff performer based on 1 game where he scored 4 goals, 3 years ago. He's got 12 goals, 4 assists and 16 points in 35 games. Again, 4 goals 1 game.

The thing with Pageau is he's more than what you're addressing. He's a playoff performer because that's what he does all the time. He's a top, top 3C in this league and provides way more than some points or 4 goals in a single game.

He's quality, and that's what matters.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm all up for tampering with the defence - I like the players, I just don't like the fit, particularly with Dumo out - but I think the problem is doing it and making the team better is going to be hard to do without dipping deeper into the pool of futures than Rutherford wants given we're getting a W.

So pray for Dumo's fitness as he honestly might be our most important player right now.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The thing with Pageau is he's more than what you're addressing. He's a playoff performer because that's what he does all the time. He's a top, top 3C in this league and provides way more than some points or 4 goals in a single game.

He's quality, and that's what matters.
You need a 3rd line that can score in the playoffs. Pageau is not the answer on 3c.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well before Christmas I heard about Zucker for foligno deal but Guerin hasn't pulled the trigger.

Before Shero was fired we were very close to Palmeri (in fact, I think that is why Ray was let go).

I've heard that JR wants a "heavy" dman-God help us.

lol...he's going to trade for Guds back...

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
he scores at pretty much the same rate as Bonino. A bit more at even strength and a bit less on the PP. I think he's gonna cost too much to be worth adding, but he's a good 3C.

Was looking at Bonino's trade history. He was drafted by San Jose, traded to Anaheim, who eventually traded him to Vancouver for Kesler. Also in that deal going to Vancouver was Anaheim's 2014 1st rounder which ended up being McCann.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
TIOPS is saying that the Canes have interest in Schultz...I know its TIOPS, but if true, I'd definitely move him for Haula...I wouldn't care if it's intra-division because he really has been blowing chunks, all year pretty much...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Nah, that's too much boogering with the lines. The BART line has been a good consistent line in the face of injuries. You need that. I literally hate every one of those lines.

Define good. Bart line totals for the last 10 games.
TB - 2g 2a +3
Tanev - 2g 1a -1
Zar - 0a 1a +1

That fact is that line is the third line and its still producing like the 4th. Zar hasnt done anything. Tanev had a point SH and three of TB's points came with different lines. one from kahun (right a pp ended) one from crosby and one in OT.

if you take the points out. as a line they have collected 4 points in 10 games. That isn't enough and they should be separated when the rest of the team is struggling.

TB - 0g 1a +3
Tanev - 2g 0a -1
Zar - 0a 1a +1

If that is good, I think we have a very different definition of good.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad