Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers 11/11/14 (POLL ADDED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Idk if anyone mentioned it yet, but Crosby got pickpocketed four or five times and it was ****ing beautiful to watch him get so frustrated.

I meant to mention this last night. There was one shift early in the game where he got the puck swiped off his stick twice trying to leave the defensive zone. I think it was once by Brassard and once by Nash (or was it MSL?). I honestly think that shift set the tone of the entire game. It was still 0-0 at that point.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I meant to mention this last night. There was one shift early in the game where he got the puck swiped off his stick twice trying to leave the defensive zone. I think it was once by Brassard and once by Nash (or was it MSL?). I honestly think that shift set the tone of the entire game. It was still 0-0 at that point.

Crosby was garbage in his defensive end last night. Quite dangerous in the Rangers end of the ice but just garbage defensively

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
50-60 points is 1st line production, albeit the lower end.

70 points makes him a borderline top 10 center.

I think he finishes with ~55 points. Which would be fantastic. If he plays an entire season with a healthy Nash and St. Louis, he could put up huge numbers.

He's currently on pace for 70-72 points, but he'll probably top out 55-60 which is perfect for what this team needs at his price tag...

Stepan has 3 points in 3 games... I think he hits 60-65 points this year too.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's currently on pace for 70-72 points, but he'll probably top out 55-60 which is perfect for what this team needs at his price tag...

Stepan has 3 points in 3 games... I think he hits 60-65 points this year too.

After missing 12 games I doubt it...but I'd be happy to be surprised

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
With the score still 0-0 Tanner Glass takes the puck off the goal line. Just saying. First goals can be really important. That was a really good play.

WTF is 'goalie wasn't able to do his job'? Who thinks of these things? Another example of making things up as you go along. I'd assume anyway that pretty much whenever a goal is scored then the goalie who lets it in wasn't able to do his job.

Everyone played well from the bottom liners/bottom defense pairing on up. Hard to figure this game sometimes when you look at our last two games. Good return by John Moore.

I really really like Kevin Hayes. When we got this guy this summer I thought this guy was worthy of jumping to the very top of our prospect list. I'm kind of thinking that's still where I'd rank him. He might not have the skills of younger players like Duclair or Buchnevich but his size and patience with the puck and his compete level are really top notch. To me he just keeps getting better and better. Like a bigger, stronger, more competitive version of Artem Anisimov.

Exactly my thoughts during the game - especially with respect to Hayes' defensive reads. And he keeps his head up all the time.

Also agree with your Glass comment. I get it 90% of this board hates Glass but these backward compliments are disgusting. Glass made a goal line save when the game was still in balance where a goal against could've easily deflated the Rangers. IMHO this save was the biggest play of the first period - bigger than any one goal the Rangers scored. The forth line also had a significant share of their ice time against either Crosby or Malkin. Is it not worth at least one post-game thread to not call for removing Glass from the line up. :shakehead

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
he has 3 points in 3 games and there are 60 games left...

55 is feasible, no doubt,

3 games is too small a sample size to say anything about. Obviously Stepan is a good player and all but I'm not sure that he's a point per game good player

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I would like to point out that the Rangers are currently tied for 11th in league scoring, only .01 away from being tied for 8th overall.

Unfortunately, we are tied for 9th in goals against. Hopefully that will continue to improve as we get more people back healthy.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would like to point out that the Rangers are currently tied for 11th in league scoring, only .01 away from being tied for 8th overall.

Unfortunately, we are tied for 9th in goals against. Hopefully that will continue to improve as we get more people back healthy.

with boyle coming back, i see both the GF and GA improving!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
he has 3 points in 3 games and there are 60 games left...

55 is feasible, no doubt,

actually 67 games left.

I think Step is good for 55-60 points over 70 games played.

Not sure if I saw this mentioned as I admittedly have not read the whole PGT

The PP looked VERY dangerous tonight.

Fleury made some very good stops while we had the extra man. The passing was quick, precise and the looks we were getting were solid.

Vickers8

Fleury made some very good stops while we had the extra man. The passing was quick, precise and the looks we were getting were solid.

Fleury made some nice saves, Hank had some amazing saves, but always feel we have a huge advantage when we play them...Hank >>> Fleury

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
All U have to do is look at hanks numbers last 9 or so games the goals against will go down big time as we move along. He'll continue to be a force

Talbot on the other hand puts up a 4 spot every game isn't helping

But the ga will go down as Hank piles up starts

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I was at Molly Wee watching the game with a buddy. The two ladies next to us were season ticket holders and offered us their seats for free.

What a game to attend! Beautiful.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
actually 67 games left.

I think Step is good for 55-60 points over 70 games played.

Not sure if I saw this mentioned as I admittedly have not read the whole PGT

The PP looked VERY dangerous tonight.

Really looking forward to the PP once Boyle returns and takes Girardi's spot. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad