Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguin Salary Thread: TDL - 7 Days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He couldn't play in Calgary in their most recent game.

It's a double-edged sword. I think if he was available now, his value would be low due to the vaccine thing. But Canada (and the world really) is really walking back the COVID stuff lately so it might be interesting to see if that changes in summer. But if the restrictions are relaxed and he can travel, that skyrockets his value. So do you roll the dice?

Now, probably not. Off-season...maaaaaybe?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I doubt Yzerman is going to sell Bertuzzi at a vaccine discount when there's no pressing reason for them to trade.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I feel like Bertuzzi would just immediately become Kapanen when he put on a Pens jersey. :laugh: I've never really been too impressed with him in the past, and while he's having a strong year, I feel like this is an outlier.

Also he's kind of a f***ing idiot, and I don't know what Canada's situation is, but I'm pretty sure he can't travel to play games in Canada unless he's vaccinated.

Bertuzzi has been really good for a while now, and Canada is alone on this planet with what they’re doing with their border. So I think our government is closer to idiot territory.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I doubt Yzerman is going to sell Bertuzzi at a vaccine discount when there's no pressing reason for them to trade.

Definitely not "pressing". But I suspect Stevie Y would be happy to acquire more picks in this upcoming draft. So it could very well be an off season/ pre draft maneuver to send Bertuzzi out

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, but has he tried a Primanti’s? French fries and cole slaw ON the sandwich.

And riding an incline…who could pass that up? Not to mention the stellar other sports franchises in the city…oh wait, it’s not 1979 anymore

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
iirc Giroux's preferred destinations are Colorado and Boston. I highly doubt he'd want to come here, to be honest. I think there's genuine dislike there. :laugh:
Colorado just added Manson. They have $1.5mil in TDL space. Looking at their roster, I'm just not sure who they elect to send out to cover the cap hit. Even at 50% at the TDL.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Maybe slightly off topic but I came across this chart and it's really interesting. Over the last 13 years we actually do have consistently the worst injury situation by cap hit in the league. Kind of assumed of course but neat to see it spelled out.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Maybe slightly off topic but I came across this chart and it's really interesting. Over the last 13 years we actually do have consistently the worst injury situation by cap hit in the league. Kind of assumed of course but neat to see it spelled out.

We are actually are middle of the pack injury wise this year!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Whatever GM sets that up for the Pens. We will owe them if true.
It'll be JR...who else?
Top pairing dmen don't grow on trees and I'm not sure we have the immediate fill for him. He hasn't been great lately, that's for sure but putting him in trade discussions may be a knee-jerk reaction.

The haul better be consistent with a top-pairing #2 dman on a $4.1mil deal. And that goes a tad bit beyond Boeser IMHO. I know he didn't state him in the article but it's who we've been discussing lately. At his age, hit, contract, and level of play, I just don't know how you get good value out of him?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You know, I'm starting to get on board with this club if they can move either Pets or Doumo & get an ideal wing Malkin.

Does it happen?
Does Sully muck it up if does?
Is Nylander going to be the greatest surprise present to Pens fans?
Does DOC spit hot fire?
Does PUUS take HGH during the offseason and become our team enforcer?

I'm mean, I really starting to get excited regarding all of the possibilities!!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Imagine getting “paid” for just posting JFresh charts.

Well I guess you don’t have to imagine Andy Wilson.
Lol, you new to Ryan Wilson articles? Lol. He's been doing that for literally years. The only thing more consistent than him posting an adv stat chart is him giving the most pedestrian explanation of what they mean and then offering a semi-cringe absolutist opinion based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad