Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguin Salary Thread: TDL - 7 Days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Why is Dallas being mentioned again when there’s a pretty good chance they make the playoffs? It sucks sleepy couldn’t work something out with JR.

Although, if JR can channel his magic from 2014-2016, maybe we don’t want sleepy to get abused in a trade.
Same reason we’re trying to make a trade even though we’re making the playoffs?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I have a feeling we will do something crazy and get a true big name.
:laugh: I'm the opposite. I find it interesting that we're in the mix and Hextall's said he'd like to add if it makes sense, but I get a gut feeling we'll see some small move(s) and the FO will give the whole "Happy with the team, prices didn't make sense for us to make a move" spiel.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Says Garland is the primary guy we're targeting with out discussions with Vancouver, not necessarily Boeser (or Miller, but I don't think that was ever realistic with the season he's having). Also mentions Bertuzzi, which is interesting. Nothing really new or of note beyond that.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Maybe the deal is something like Pettersson and Rodrigues for Garland and Schenn?

I hope it's Kapanen with Vancouver adding picks/prospects to make up the value.

Kappy is more valuable asset-wise than ERod, but he's a broken player here and I feel ERod is far more likely to make an impact for us in the playoffs.

Reactions: orby

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I’d be totally on board with this. Kappy just seems like he’d fit in nicely in Dallas tbh. There’s a spot on Seguin and Benn’s line waiting for him.

Gurianov is also 1 of the 130 people Malkin follows on instagram, so that’s….something.

We’d be the ones adding in that scenario, Gurianov’s playoff run in 2020 is better than anything Kappy has ever done.
I Don't think we would be adding much. Cause Kappy aside from this year, has been a 40 to 50 point player in T dot. I think it is pretty even or if not we can 3rd or a 4th. Pretty even trade.

Reactions: Trade

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Not that I see a reason why Detroit would want him this season, but I can see the Red Wings being a team Zucker would accept being traded to.

edit: Didn't realize they're basically out of the PO picture. I could see Zucker + two assets of actual value for Bertuzzi. Detroit's got that cap room.

edit2: No, I don't think that works unless ZAR goes with Zucker. Bertuzzi for Zucker + ZAR + doesn't look so great from Detroit's perspective.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Not that I see a reason why Detroit would want him this season, but I can see the Red Wings being a team Zucker would accept being traded to.

edit: Didn't realize they're basically out of the PO picture. I could see Zucker + two assets of actual value for Bertuzzi. Detroit's got that cap room.

edit2: No, I don't think that works unless ZAR goes with Zucker. Bertuzzi for Zucker + ZAR + doesn't look so great from Detroit's perspective.

1) I think Zucker is too old for Det to be interested in him. They might be interested in Kap as the centerpiece
2) Is Bertuzzi the type of player that would mesh with Geno?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d be all over Bertuzzi, but what could we offer Detroit? they need LD…maybe we could make a Petts, POJ + our first work for Bertuzzi…hockey trade, he’s not a rental…I like him better than Garland

Reactions: Trade

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
1) I think Zucker is too old for Det to be interested in him. They might be interested in Kap as the centerpiece
2) Is Bertuzzi the type of player that would mesh with Geno?

I’d be all over Bertuzzi, but what could we offer Detroit? they need LD…maybe we could make a Petts, POJ + our first work for Bertuzzi…hockey trade, he’s not a rental…I like him better than Garland

Yeah, something like POJ + Kapanen. I initially included Zucker cause of the cap situation.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Bertuzzi is a great player but idk if he’s the right guy here.

Idk though, hard to say. I doubt the Yzerplan wants Petts’ contract.

Would be nice to keep Zucker and see if whoever you acquire jumpstarts his game. Worst case he’s a good bottom 6er. But I understand there’s a cap.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Says Garland is the primary guy we're targeting with out discussions with Vancouver, not necessarily Boeser (or Miller, but I don't think that was ever realistic with the season he's having). Also mentions Bertuzzi, which is interesting. Nothing really new or of note beyond that.

If we get Bertuzzi, I'll offer free kisses to all*!

*gender & desirability does apply

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I remember us having a convo about him a year or two ago, he’d be insane here. Now with his value taking a bit of a hit cause of the vaccine thing, it’s less of a pipedream and in the realm of possibility.

I’d rather have Bertuzzi than any other winger we’ve been mentioning.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, something like POJ + Kapanen. I initially included Zucker cause of the cap situation.

i don’t think we’ll able to move Zucker at the TDL with his injury and we’d probably have to add an asset to get someone to take his full cap hit this summer with no other bad contract coming back…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bertuzzi is a great player but idk if he’s the right guy here.

Idk though, hard to say. I doubt the Yzerplan wants Petts’ contract.

Would be nice to keep Zucker and see if whoever you acquire jumpstarts his game. Worst case he’s a good bottom 6er. But I understand there’s a cap.

Petts is young and exactly the type of reasonable contract Yzerman should want because all their LDs are on expiring contracts and Detroit is not exactly a desirable place for free agents. Of course, they have to like the player and no idea if they do

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I feel like Bertuzzi would just immediately become Kapanen when he put on a Pens jersey. :laugh: I've never really been too impressed with him in the past, and while he's having a strong year, I feel like this is an outlier.

Also he's kind of a f***ing idiot, and I don't know what Canada's situation is, but I'm pretty sure he can't travel to play games in Canada unless he's vaccinated.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I feel like Bertuzzi would just immediately become Kapanen when he put on a Pens jersey. :laugh: I've never really been too impressed with him in the past, and while he's having a strong year, I feel like this is an outlier.

Also he's kind of a f***ing idiot, and I don't know what Canada's situation is, but I'm pretty sure he can't travel to play games in Canada unless he's vaccinated.

He couldn't play in Calgary in their most recent game.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really hope Hextall isn't like me. I want the deals. And not always the "deals" but the GOOD DEALS. To a fault. To the point where I miss out on good deals and then I pout. I missed out on a "cheap" HK USP Tactical three weeks ago and my wife is still hearing about it.

Sometimes nickel and diming isn't the best route in life.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad