GDT: Pittsburgh @ Montréal - Part DVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Desharnais scored two goals, which is great, but they were basically tap ins because of great passes. Let's not get carried away here.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Desharnais been good too, best Center.

Are we calling him a centre? He has been floating around to open space as far away from the puck as possible like a winger, lol. But good on him for making good on his tap-in chances, I guess. Easier than shootouts?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think DD does well early in the season because teams focus on top names and most of the reports are from late the previous years.

There is no other possible explanation why he's such an overlooked, unmarked player tonight.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't blame him too much, he's still not used to the system. He never had to move the puck like that in Nashville. He's been better tonight, he was really poor on Saturday. He had one bad giveaway in the 1st but has been fine since then. Hopefully the uptrend continues.

Only saw the 3rd of Saturday's game due to pvr messing up but he looked pretty good in that period. It's a learning process for a D with a new team. He'll be great down the line.

Petry has been spectacular so far I'll happily admit. He looks as good as I've ever seen.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
This is wrong. He shows up - he's just not that good when he's suffocated. He works really hard (go back and read the threads) - but with no space, he doesn't produce.

yeah thats true as long as he has a 2 metre radius of open ice hes as good as any other offensive players -minus the shot

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Desharnais has always done well in a limited role, in limited minutes. Especially at home when he can have favourable match-ups.
Wasn't Desharnais a better producer on the road until like the last year or two? It made absolutely no sense. :laugh:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think DD does well early in the season because teams focus on top names and most of the reports are from late the previous years.

There is no other possible explanation why he's such an overlooked, unmarked player tonight.
lol. It's just two goals. No need to rack your brain over it. Geez.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
yeah thats true as long as he has a 2 metre radius of open ice hes as good as any other offensive players -minus the shot
Desharnais shot is also better than advertised. He just does't use it. Watch him when he takes a clapper - it's not bad at all. No idea why he doesn't use it more, actually. He'd be less predictable.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

perhaps he is so short they don't notice him?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
My god I love Radulov so much.

CvGJdKKXEAQ3Ugr.jpg

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Desharnais shot is also better than advertised. He just does't use it. Watch him when he takes a clapper - it's not bad at all. No idea why he doesn't use it more, actually. He'd be less predictable.

because it really sucks, we have seen it before

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Desharnais scored two goals, which is great, but they were basically tap ins because of great passes. Let's not get carried away here.

Still, nothing wrong with that at all. You need someone to pass to and he's been in the right spot. Not a bad game for him. Keep it up DD I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad