GDT: Pittsburgh @ Montréal - Part DVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
DD gets a lot of crap around here of which I'm included but he's been better than Pleks this year.

Paging Tomas Plekanec.. The 2016-17 season as started.
Pleks was ass in the World Cup too.

The biggest problem with DD having a PPG start and Pleks playing as bad as he is - is DD will probably get put in the role he's not as good in (he should play less minutes). But I have no doubt we'll be seeing Lekhonen-Desharnais-Radulov soon - especially if Flynn stays in the line-up.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm happy with both. Can't be too critical of weber on his breakouts since he's not familiar with the team yet. As for passing, he's had some very nice ones to Byron and I think Gallagher tonight that could have resulted in goals.

I don't blame him too much, he's still not used to the system. He never had to move the puck like that in Nashville. He's been better tonight, he was really poor on Saturday. He had one bad giveaway in the 1st but has been fine since then. Hopefully the uptrend continues.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Desharnais has always done well in a limited role, in limited minutes. Especially at home when he can have favourable match-ups.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I dont hate DD but he never shows up when it really counts - playoff etc he's so overmatched physically it's scary
This is wrong. He shows up - he's just not that good when he's suffocated. He works really hard (go back and read the threads) - but with no space, he doesn't produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad