GDT: Pittsburgh @ Montréal - 730PM ET - SN360/TVA-S/ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Feeling good about tonight. I think Galchenyuk and Radulov get going and Condon doesn't have a great night (assuming he starts).

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I would be eternally grateful if the home crowd boos Therrien.
Other than him, and Bergevin, no team member should be boo'd.
and I hope they lose so Therrien gets fired.
Go Pens.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Players should not get booed. Here is hoping for a great game from the 18 year old.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'll be on site so we are losing for sure. Sorry guys.:shakehead

My dad will also be there tonight, for the first time in a while, and as far as I know, in the close to 60 years he's been a Canadiens fan he still hasn't attended a game in which they lost.

He keeps all the tickets to the games he went to in a small pencil case and there's close to a good eighty of them spread out over the years, from the old forum, the odd time he went elsewhere to watch a game, to the Bell Centre. Long story short, I checked and every single one of them marks out a win. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

We'll see if your streak of bad luck continues or if my dad's near-miraculous run endures.

Call me an optimist but I'm pre-emptively chalking tonight up as a win.

I'll call a 4-3 Montreal and Pacioretty with the winning goal

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So at what point will the crowd start chanting PK?

During Therrien's introduction and the first time Weber screws up is my guess, though that would be hugely unfair to Weber.
I think far to many people are misinterpreting the anger over that trade.
Just because you hate the Subban for Weber trade, and don't want Bergevin as GM, doesn't mean you dislike Weber.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
would be cool if carey price could show up for the player intros at least.

sometimes they have a few scratched players in suits on the sidelines with the coaching staff.

if he was physically able to practice on monday, maybe he can make brief appearance.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
My dad will also be there tonight, for the first time in a while, and as far as I know, in the close to 60 years he's been a Canadiens fan he still hasn't attended a game in which they lost.

He keeps all the tickets to the games he went to in a small pencil case and there's close to a good eighty of them spread out over the years, from the old forum, the odd time he went elsewhere to watch a game, to the Bell Centre. Long story short, I checked and every single one of them marks out a win. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

We'll see if your streak of bad luck continues or if my dad's near-miraculous run endures.

Awesome! That's really a good idea, I should keep my tickets too. I go pretty often so I just throw them out.

Hopefully your father's apparent superpower's will trump my bad luck haha.:yo:

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal

Thanks for sharing. I talked with some old timers who convey the awe the old forum had on them as children - you could still see in their eyes. Here's looking for a Habs win tonight!

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't like Therrien, but other than that, nobody can be angry at Bergevin, we have the best Habs line up in ages. Defence group is great, forward group is the best we've had in over two decades and Carey Price. This team can win a Cup, first time I feel like that about a Habs team in a while.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Beauty.

I'm calling a solid Habs win against a depleted and exhausted Pens. Missing the best player in the world, on the end of a back-to-back on the road, coming off a Stanley Cup, backup goalie who can't save nothing... Yeah, Habs are gonna win and people are gonna start planning the parade :)

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Habs will lose badly, then watch the usual storm right after : MB and MT are idiots, Weber is slow, Markov is done, Plek is useless, DD is MT's girl, Max Pac must be trade, Galchenyuk doesn't get fair treatment, Lekhonen must play more...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Beauty.

I'm calling a solid Habs win against a depleted and exhausted Pens. Missing the best player in the world, on the end of a back-to-back on the road, coming off a Stanley Cup, backup goalie who can't save nothing... Yeah, Habs are gonna win and people are gonna start planning the parade :)

...or WC Condon shows up and we make him look like a Vezina candidate...:cry:

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Condon in net. No Crosby. Pens coming off a game.

Should be an easy win for Shea Weber's Canadiens.

A team which has won the Stanley Cup is very well capable of overcoming these problems for a game...

They still have the best forward in this game : Malkin
They still have the best scorer in this game : Kessel
They still have the best d-man in this game : Letang

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Habs will lose badly, then watch the usual storm right after : MB and MT are idiots, Weber is slow, Markov is done, Plek is useless, DD is MT's girl, Max Pac must be trade, Galchenyuk doesn't get fair treatment, Lekhonen must play more...

That will happen win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad