Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I have a loose connection with a media personality and this info was dropped to me in a group text this morning.

I've been told to watch Deadspin (as if I don't read it multiple times a day already) in the coming days. They have some info about a certain Pgh media personality, that thinks he's a media mogul, using Twitter DMs in an unflattering way.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I have a loose connection with a media personality and this info was dropped to me in a group text this morning.

I've been told to watch Deadspin (as if I don't read it multiple times a day already) in the coming days. They have some info about a certain Pgh media personality, that thinks he's a media mogul, using Twitter DMs in an unflattering way.

Sounds like a good one, I'll schedule Rossi Rat's carpal tunnel surgery right now.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
giphy.gif

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
DK wrote some big piece “who’s taking the Jaguars seriously?” Basically shrugging off the Jags for how bad their offense/Bortles looked against Buffalo.

Kind of reminds me when he was with the Trib how he wrote some big column prior to the playoffs the year the Pens went one and done to the Flyers saying how they’ll win it all.

Laughable. I blame DK for all this.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
There are relatively few true psychopaths in the Pittsburgh sports media, but I think we all know of one. Funny to think I used to believe he was a pretty good writer. How little did I know how insane he was.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Looks like DK is handing off his HR and editor in chief responsibilities. Very good idea, but it will be interesting to see if it actually works in practice.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Looks like DK is handing off his HR and editor in chief responsibilities. Very good idea, but it will be interesting to see if it actually works in practice.
The speculation is he's doing it to try to insulate the site from what's about to reportedly come out on Deadspin. Apparently Deadspin has all kinds of text messages and other information that's far worse than what Katie Brown published herself.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I heard it involves some propositions to Katie to join him and his wife in some late night fun. I also heard a lot of media people aren't surprised and are saying he has it coming.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I'm curious why she only published the mild stuff if there was worse stuff?
i can think of a laundry list of reasons she wouldn't be comfortable doing that

weren't people lambasting her here for pages on end for handling it "unprofessionally?" now she didn't air *enough* dirty laundry? this is so interesting

why is she always the subject of this discussion? it's enough to just say dk is an ass and a creep and move on with all the evidence and personal testimony from posters on this board to show it, (or worse dk is an ass but was right???) but it's still being questioned why this girl did xyz in abc way weeks later?

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
i can think of a laundry list of reasons she wouldn't be comfortable doing that
Then name them. That's why I asked. It wasn't rhetorical.

why is she always the subject of this discussion? it's enough to just say dk is an ass and a creep and move on with all the evidence and personal testimony from posters on this board to show it, (or worse dk is an ass but was right???) but it's still being questioned why this girl did xyz in abc way weeks later?
Weeks later? We're talking about a story that has yet to come out.

Please answer my question on page 6.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Then name them. That's why I asked. It wasn't rhetorical.

Weeks later? We're talking about a story that has yet to come out.

Please answer my question on page 6.
really? guess i was giving too much credit. maybe she doesn't want to receive the standard harassment?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
So this article has to be coming soon right? Especially due to the recent “restructuring”, and the fact DK’s personal and website Twitter accounts have been privatized :laugh: don’t tweet out “DK” and “deadspin” or anything along those lines if you don’t want to join the DK block party.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i think a lot of posters in these threads should read that and wonder why they said what they did

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
All I learned from that rambling, incoherent post is that she's a very poor writer. I do, however, understand the dissonance that occurs when you want to speak out about mistreatment, but are afraid of the very real consequences that can result from a power imbalance. She's not doing herself any favors with half measures, but I can't really blame her because it's an inherently complicated situation.

Reactions: td_ice

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
DK sucks and I'm sure something damaging will come to light (and certainly has been alluded to several times), but I still don't really understand all the details. She spoke pretty vaguely about it.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
All I learned from that rambling, incoherent post is that she's a very poor writer. I do, however, understand the dissonance that occurs when you want to speak out about mistreatment, but are afraid of the very real consequences that can result from a power imbalance. She's not doing herself any favors with half measures, but I can't really blame her because it's an inherently complicated situation.
ah once again i messed up and didn't realize this was about her and whether hf likes her writing style on her personal blog

she's referring to things that are going to be published by larger outside sources and they didn't obtain the texts from her, these aren't half measures or any measures at all from her

Fordy

May 28, 2008
DK sucks and I'm sure something damaging will come to light (and certainly has been alluded to several times), but I still don't really understand all the details. She spoke pretty vaguely about it.
she's just addressing that an article is going to come out elsewhere and she has seen some of the texts that were about her. she clearly isn't interested in talking much more about it

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I would imagine that the Deadspin article will come out when they taper off their US Gymnastics coverage. To be fair, that's a bigger and more important story than a local writer being a creepshow and terrible boss.

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad