Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
No longer a subscriber to DK's site.

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW douche. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

If I ever run into Gajtka in Montreal, I'm going to ask him to a fight.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW *****e. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

Lmao, that’s the spirit. We need more of that in this thread.

Audrey is literally the only one that keeps me aboard right now. I’m hanging on by a thread.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW *****e. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

Agree.
They are losing subscibers now, I think for the first time ever their number week-to-week are (roughly) 15-20 subscribers less.
The driving factor was the loss of Yohe, the nail was the loss of Kaboly.
It is exceedingly clear from DK's and Gajtka's tweets, articles and podcasts over the last month they have changed their focus to include crusading for their ideological agenda.

1) they feel comfortable enough with their "lock" on the Penguins/hockey fanbase they can assign anyone to that beat
2) they are going in overdrive belatedly kissing the ass of any & all Steelers bloggers & messageboards in order to grow that subscriber fanbase
3) they feel in order to get the next 10,000+ subscribers they need to focus heavily on the college age and millennial demographic, especially "diverse" demo's
3a) because of that whole "crusading for their ideological agenda" thing they focus on the small central Pittsburgh blue-bubble neighborhoods and don't even consider the huge red-state in the surrounding suburbs.

A prime example of all of this was been borne out in how they flip-flopped opinions on two major DK whipping-boy cornerstones: the NFL and ESPN
Suddenly they are defending the NFL and ESPN losing millions of viewers and subscribers? Wow!
What happened in late-September that put the spotlight on NFL & ESPN ratings? What is DK and Gajtka's opinion on the person that turned on the spotlight? So they take the opposite opinion?

They are both constantly, along with a huge number of the sports media, tweeting about honesty & integrity of journalism and yet they are all SILENT about the NFL and it's TV partners ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, boycott televising the national anthem protests. That was the NFL and TV partners solution, they simple turned the cameras away. Where was the backlash?

Even the great independent DK was silent about it. That's when I realized he was a lying hypocrite.
He will probably be tweeting about Veterans Day and offering a special discount this week. F*** him. His actions the last few weeks belie his true scumbag fraud colors.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Agree.
They are losing subscibers now, I think for the first time ever their number week-to-week are (roughly) 15-20 subscribers less.
It is exceedingly clear from DK's and Gajtka's tweets, articles and podcasts over the last month they have changed their focus to include crusading for their ideological agenda.

To be fair, I don't read their site much anymore, but I'm surprised to hear someone say that DKPS is ideological, since everything I've read has indicated that they prefer to stay out of political debates. Can you point to a specific post that you find particularly ideological? I'm having a hard time believing this.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Agree.

1) they feel comfortable enough with their "lock" on the Penguins/hockey fanbase they can assign anyone to that beat
2) they are going in overdrive belatedly kissing the ass of any & all Steelers bloggers & messageboards in order to grow that subscriber fanbase
3) they feel in order to get the next 10,000+ subscribers they need to focus heavily on the college age and millennial demographic, especially "diverse" demo's
3a) because of that whole "crusading for their ideological agenda" thing they focus on the small central Pittsburgh blue-bubble neighborhoods and don't even consider the huge red-state in the surrounding suburbs.

A prime example of all of this was been borne out in how they flip-flopped opinions on two major DK whipping-boy cornerstones: the NFL and ESPN
Suddenly they are defending the NFL and ESPN losing millions of viewers and subscribers? Wow!
What happened in late-September that put the spotlight on NFL & ESPN ratings? What is DK and Gajtka's opinion on the person that turned on the spotlight? So they take the opposite opinion?

They are both constantly, along with a huge number of the sports media, tweeting about honesty & integrity of journalism and yet they are all SILENT about the NFL and it's TV partners ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, boycott televising the national anthem protests. That was the NFL and TV partners solution, they simple turned the cameras away. Where was the backlash?

Even the great independent DK was silent about it. That's when I realized he was a lying hypocrite.
He will probably be tweeting about Veterans Day and offering a special discount this week. F*** him. His actions the last few weeks belie his true ******* fraud colors.

Great post

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
And on that note, Gajtka promoted to lead on Penguins’ beat. Top beat in the city.

He’s DK’s protege. And had anyone even heard of him before DK?

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
And on that note, Gajtka promoted to lead on Penguins’ beat. Top beat in the city.

Who cares. He'll go down with the ship or leave when he gets sick of donkey kongs temper tantrums

turd

Feb 1, 2013

I never had. I don’t really enjoy his writing either so I’ll probably just ignore most of the stuff he puts out. The analytics stuff just puts me to sleep.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Also, it’s been pretty comical reading the comments on his site lately. Lots of people are seeing between the lines. The turnover of employees, the handling of this Pens beat thing, etc. Lots of negativity met with the expected condescending responses you’d expect from DK. He’s such a clown.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Double M trashing Pitt football on his show today. More listeners to his show today than fans will be in attendance at Heinz Field.

Dilly, dilly!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Double M trashing Pitt football on his show today. More listeners to his show today than fans will be in attendance at Heinz Field.

Dilly, dilly!
I heard that segment as well. I'm not a Madden fan but he's right. He also claimed Pitt Stadium didn't sell out even during the Marino years, which I thought was interesting. If that's true I tend to think attendance would still be an issue if they had a stadium on campus, and all those pitt people that blame the stadium and it's location as the reason why no one shows up would be proven absolutely wrong. No one goes because the team is an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I heard that segment as well. I'm not a Madden fan but he's right. He also claimed Pitt Stadium didn't sell out even during the Marino years, which I thought was interesting. If that's true I tend to think attendance would still be an issue if they had a stadium on campus, and all those pitt people that blame the stadium and it's location as the reason why no one shows up would be proven absolutely wrong. No one goes because the team is an embarrassment.
I found it hilarious that he was challenging Pitt fans to answer his call after all the trash he was talking (including him being a bigger deal than Pitt football; if you saw him and Narduzzi at a bar more Pittsburghers would wanna meet MM)... and no one would do it. No one could do it. And basketball will he even worse. A true Mickey Mouse athletics program.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I found it hilarious that he was challenging Pitt fans to answer his call after all the trash he was talking (including him being a bigger deal than Pitt football; if you saw him and Narduzzi at a bar more Pittsburghers would wanna meet MM)... and no one would do it. No one could do it. And basketball will he even worse. A true Mickey Mouse athletics program.
Agreed. He was right too. I have no idea what Narduzzo looks like. Honestly, if you had asked me who the Pitt coach is yesterday I might not have even known.

A lot of that is on me because I don't watch much college football, but it just really reaffirms how pathetic that program is.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
As a CMU alum, I really couldn't care less about college football. When I was a student, the most highly attended football game on campus was "free floppy disk day"! What's really sad is that even then, floppy disks were on their way out of use. Which may be why I didn't bother showing up then, either...
For that matter, based on how many people I knew who were part of it, I think there were probably more people in our marching band than there were in the stands! :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What is Gajtka doing to push his agenda? I've never heard of him until now.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

Penn State's athletics budget absolutely dwarfs Pitt's and you can't win anything either. You're both Mickey Mouse programs.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Penn State's athletics budget absolutely dwarfs Pitt's and you can't win anything either. You're both Mickey Mouse programs.
Yea. Nothing except the Big 10 in football last year. Penn State has won 76 national championships and 97 Big Ten titles all-time, including seven NCAA titles and 24 conference crowns since September 2012.

Mickey mouse for sure

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yea. Nothing except the Big 10 in football last year. Penn State has won 76 national championships and 97 Big Ten titles all-time, including seven NCAA titles and 24 conference crowns since September 2012.

Mickey mouse for sure
We Are... better.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

Mickey mouse for sure

How many of those came in major sports? They've made the Sweet Sixteen once since 1955 and that was 16 years ago. They haven't won a single national title in football post-BCS and they only claim 2 prior to that. They've never won a College World Series. They've never even made the Frozen Four. List all the wrestling and water polo "titles" you want, they're a joke when compared to the real blue bloods in collegiate athletics. That wouldn't even bother me without the comical arrogance, but they can't come remotely close to backing it up. Michael. Rodent.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
How many of those came in major sports? They've made the Sweet Sixteen once since 1955 and that was 16 years ago. They haven't won a single national title in football post-BCS and they only claim 2 prior to that. They've never won a College World Series. They've never even made the Frozen Four. List all the wrestling and water polo "titles" you want, they're a joke when compared to the real blue bloods in collegiate athletics. That wouldn't even bother me without the comical arrogance, but they can't come remotely close to backing it up. Michael. Rodent.
You sound pretty upset about this.

2016 big 10 champs. Get over it

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
You sound pretty upset about this.

2016 big 10 champs. Get over it

What is there to get over? My team plays in a superior conference and is undefeated.

Meanwhile, the only relevance your Big 10 championship has is as a trivia question. Who is the last team to win the Big 10 and not make the playoffs? Here, I'll start it for you: We are...

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
As a Penn State fan, there are few things I hate more than wading into another stupid Pitt/Penn State discussion because it inevitably brings out the worst type of people from both sides. Mostly from my own.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
To turn this thread back to the media...

You can thank Ray Shero for all those Penguins video tributes
Botterill now is scheduled to be recognized when Buffalo returns Dec. 1 and tops a long list of guys to whom the Penguins plan to pay video tribute in coming months.
That group includes Chris Kunitz, Ron Hainsey, Trevor Daley/Scott Wilson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Matt Cullen, Eric Fehr and Derrick Pouliot, all of whom played on at least one Cup-winning team here.
Pouliot? Fehr? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad